Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has modified their stock filter box to work with the Ram Air scoop???

·
Registered
407 Posts
Would kind of defeat the purpose of a filter. The filter filters ground to hood, so if you were to modify the box for a mopar ram intake, it was blow unfiltered air into the engine... I guess you can modify it even more, but by that point you might as well buy the cold air intake box as well.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
You would need a cone air filter inside that box to prevent contaminates from entering the motor. The stock filter only filters air from the bottom side as that's where the intake air is coming up from through the stock ram air scoop.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I fully understand what the purpose and place for things are..... I ask again, has anyone modified a stock filter box to work with the ram air.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Pretty sure there's been a few. Just need to dremel it out
he is not talking about the mopar intake but the oem intake. @Gaia so far I haven't seen any here or on facebook, you would be the first to try it

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
he is not talking about the mopar intake but the oem intake. @Gaia so far I haven't seen any here or on facebook, you would be the first to try it

I might have a go at it....We will see.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I might have a go at it....We will see.
The only thing I'm not sure about is how to mount a cone in the box, and if the ram intake would be flush against the OEM. I don't know the dimension differences between the Mopar CAI and the OEM intake.

·
Registered
698 Posts
but at that point I would be more tempted to create a closed box that could work with the hpsi ram air and the mopar ram air

1 - 9 of 9 Posts