Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

Hoping for some confirmation here. I have a 2015 SXT Rallye with a Uconnect 8.4 w/Sirius but no nav and single climate control. It seems fairly simply to swap up to the nav radio but there’s so many models. I don’t know how to differentiate them all. I looked all over and gathered that my satellite radio antenna is also the nav antenna so I assume it’s plug and play. So can anyone tell me:

1. Which radio do I get? I see a lot of RB5s with nav that say 13-14 Dart. I also see an RE6 that says Dart 15-16 but I feel like I’ve seen posts that say that radio is not right.

2. Can you do the dealer stuff yourself or is that still a requirement? I will be swapping the TFT soon and will have AlfaOBD for that anyways. Hoping that can do this as well.

3. I don’t know the variations of speaker systems or how this might link in to that. I don’t know what I have or how to tell but I’m satisfied with the sound. The bass is plenty.

Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
3,390 Posts
The radio unit under the glove box is what you would need and it has to be the Dart version of the 8.4 UConnect. There is an anti theft code so you would need the VIN of the donor. You need the satellite antenna. Not sure if there is extra wiring that might be needed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Uconnect with Sirius now. My confusion is with all the model numbers. I think I need an RB5 with nav but does it need to be from a specific year? There seems to be a line drawn on eBay etc between 13-14 and 15-16. Also, what is the RE6? That also seems to come from 2015s but I read on here that it’s not a US version.

·
Super Moderator
3,390 Posts
The nav on Dart 8.4 UConnects is not without problems, just search for the problems people have with updating it. Personally, I would never want it and I use my phone Google maps and am very happy with that. If you insist on having it, consider searching local self serve junkyards online. Many show the VIN on their online inventory. Use the VIN to get the build sheet and only go to the yard once you find one on the same year Dart. Then you will need the ant-theft code from a dealer. The other UConnects on other FCA vehicles is likely not going to be compatible. I would stay away from the eBay ones since they are not cheap and you don't want to get stuck with one that won't work. A self serve junkyard unit will likely be cheap since the guy at the counter will just charge you for an electronic module, not knowing what it is.

Build sheet link:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts