Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to bring my dodge dart 2013 rally 1.4 turbo to 2020 by buying a new apple car play radio.
But two problems have appear:
1- i cant see my odometer on the dashboard.( i cant switch the little screen, it stuck on speed.)
2- The radio fuse keep burning ( its the worst place fuse in the car and nearly electrocuted myself)

·
Super Moderator
4,899 Posts
The Dart electronics are complex. It's a CAN bus network and parts don't like to be changed. You may have wired something incorrectly. There are some you tube videos showing replacement of the base radio.
Here is the schematic for the base radio:

·
Super Moderator
4,899 Posts
The CAN bus is looking for that. The videos do show how to get that to work.

Reactions: IGotProbs

·
Super Moderator
4,899 Posts
is this the reason its blowing the fuse?
A fuse blows when there is a short or when something is drawing more amps than what the fuse is rated. It's like a safety valve so your wires don't melt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A fuse blows when there is a short or when something is drawing more amps than what the fuse is rated. It's like a safety valve so your wires don't melt.
My pioneer radio keeps draining my battery. I'm trying to figure this out. I never connected the steering wheel controls either. And i was having similar problems with the fuse blowing is it that the Can bus system is staying on ?

·
Super Moderator
4,899 Posts
You wired something wrong. If there was a CAN bus network problem, you would have a "U" code.
Rectangle Slope Line Font Parallel

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got it rewired by a shop but it was still pulling power. I took it into the dealer and he said that the radio fuse was pulling power after the car was off and when he pulled the fuse it went away. I'm honestly new to electronics so i don't quite understand what the cause would be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts