Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 dodge dart sxt rallye
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey been having a problem with it getting way to hot under the hood and I know it's a dart it likes it that way but I mean my cam shaft position sensor and or crankshaft sensor got damaged due to the heat because I kept having to do cam crank relearn after I got a code p0344 so I've replaced my cam sensor 2 times think the first replacement was bunk but now I'm not getting the code but way off track my fans not working and there is loud clicking from fuse box when I try to activate it with Alfa obd. But I just replaced the fuse and relay will be putting oe ones back in but any ideas?

·
Administrator
5,853 Posts
Hopefully you aren't using aftermarket sensors. Darts seem to prefer only Mopar sensors. The network code is likely wiring or a connector.
The radiator fan should turn on when you select AC or Defrost no matter what engine temp is doing.

28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics / MODULE, Body Control (BCM) / Diagnosis and Testing

U1009-67-LIN 2 BUS - SIGNAL INCORRECT AFTER EVENT
Parallel Rectangle Font Slope Diagram

Theory of Operation

The Body Control Module (BCM) is the Local Interconnect Network (LIN) master for the Humidity Sensor, Automatic High Beam Module (AHBM) and the Compass Module. The BCM monitors the LIN circuit for any concerns.

•When Monitored:
Continuously with the ignition on.

•Set Condition:
The BCM does not receive any response from the LIN devices.

Possible Causes

LIN BUS CIRCUIT OPEN
BODY CONTROL MODULE (BCM)

1.CHECK FOR AN ACTIVE DTC

1. Turn the ignition on.

2. With the scan tool, read DTCs.

Does the scan tool display this DTC as active?

Yes

•Go To 2

No

•Test complete, the condition or conditions that originally set this DTC are not present at this time. Using the wiring diagrams as a guide, check all related splices and connectors for signs of water intrusion, corrosion, pushed out or bent terminals, and correct pin tension.
•Perform the BODY VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Body Control (BCM) - Standard Procedure).

2.CHECK THE (D404) LIN BUS CIRCUIT FOR AN OPEN

1. Turn the ignition off.

2. Disconnect the BCM C8 harness connector.

3. Disconnect the Humidity Sensor harness connector.

4. Disconnect the AHBM harness connector.

5. Disconnect the Compass Module harness connector.

6. Measure the resistance or the (D404) LIN Bus circuit between the BCM C8 harness connector and the Humidity Sensor, Automatic High Beam Module (AHBM) and the Compass Module harness connectors.

Is the resistance above 5.0 Ohms?

Yes

•Repair the open in the (D404) LIN Bus circuit.
•Perform the BODY VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Body Control (BCM) - Standard Procedure).

No

•Replace the BCM in accordance with the Service Information. (Refer to 08 - Electrical/8E - Electronic Control Modules/MODULE, Body Control - Removal) .

Product Human body Organism Automotive lighting Font

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry just getting around to this now after the crap show with my rear wheel I'm using ntk at the moment and my ac isn't working either I'm about to check bcm fuses and interior fuses

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And thank you my compass isnt being recognized didn't know that was part of the lin line I'll take a look at it tonight when I'm home

1 - 5 of 5 Posts