Dodge Dart Forum banner

141 - 158 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey guys, sorry if this is a dumb question, I just don't have any experience with the black rotors. Will they always stay black, or will they have a bare metal look where the pads contact the rotor?

·
Premium Member
5,962 Posts
Hey guys, sorry if this is a dumb question, I just don't have any experience with the black rotors. Will they always stay black, or will they have a bare metal look where the pads contact the rotor?
I will let @r1concepts answer concerning their products but in my experience, i have never seen one that stays black, they were all just coated/painted and it wore off where the pad made contact.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I will let @r1concepts answer concerning their products but in my experience, i have never seen one that stays black, they were all just coated/painted and it wore off where the pad made contact.
I agree, that's why I was waiting for an answer, but it's been over a week with no reply. Sooooo.... idk...

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
I apologize for the late reply back. My E-line rotors with the black zinc do not completely stay black. The pad will wipe the black zinc off only where it hits the rotors but everywhere else the pads don't come in contact with the rotor will stay black. Pretty much it will be silver and black after you start braking on the rotors.

141 - 158 of 158 Posts