Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the community. So I recently purchased a 2013 Dodge Dart. The close out panel under the front bumper is pretty torn up and I don’t have the “air dam” cover that I’ve seen under most darts. My question is how necessary are either of those parts?

·
Super Moderator
3,808 Posts
It's for aerodynamics mostly. Some claim it makes the engine get too hot but it's actually designed to run that way. Deyeme Racing sells a replacement for a reasonable cost compared to a dealer. The Dart sits low so you need to be careful. My Darts still have their originals and never overheat.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The original one on my 2013 Rallye was torn up and would snag things when moving in reverse. I replaced it with the Deyeme. No overheating that I've ever noticed. I see it as more of a splash shield than anything else. It also has access doors for oil filter and drain plug.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
My Dart engine gets really toasty whenever I sit in traffic for a long time, and I considered taking the aero covers off. However they keep the engine bay reasonably clean so I've left them on. I'm surprised they're still there however considering the number of times I've scraped them on something.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have model MOPAR13 1.4T (Dart Limited) and I have the aero cover still on and have no problems with my engine overheating. U might have another problem, maybe some thing to do with the cooling system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts