Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 Dodge Dart GT
I have had a few instances, where I get in the car and press the push button and it will jump to "run" and click. Sometimes it will do it once, other times it takes a few minutes to finally start. Yesterday I was stuck for about 10 minutes before it finally started. I can't find anything on this issue anywhere else and was hoping someone could give me some insight on whats going on before taking my only mode of transportation to the dealer to have them keep it for weeks, TIA

·
Administrator
5,848 Posts
It's complicated.

08 - Electrical / 8E - Electronic Control Modules / MODULE, Keyless Ignition Node / Operation

OPERATION

The actual ignition status is communicated to the vehicle via a Start Button sense line via the LIN bus to the RF HUB. The RF HUB transmits the ignition status to the modules on the CAN C bus. The KIN contains an LF coil which is used to communicate with and authenticate Fobiks during Back Up mode. A dedicated KIN communication line is used when authenticating or programming Fobiks. The KIN also has the ability to display the ignition status to the customer via three LEDs which illuminate the OFF, ACC, RUN states in a status ring around the Start/Stop Button. A fourth LED provides backlighting illumination for the Start/Stop Button itself.

With the shifter in Park, the driver then pushes the KIN’s SSB (Keyless Ignition Node’s Start/Stop Button) while pushing the brake pedal as if braking while coming to a stoplight. For manual transmission vehicles the clutch pedal is fully pressed instead of the brake pedal to initiate a start procedure. Before the vehicle is allowed to start, a ‘FOB authentication’ cycle must be completed. The Ignition Node (KIN or IGNM) receives the "signal/communication" from the FOBIK. The Ignition Node (KIN or IGNM) then sends the information to the RF HUB for an authentication. Once authenticated in the RFHM, a signal is broadcasted over the CAN C bus to the BCM containing the ignition switch position, which equates to a ‘request to start’ command. The process of starting a vehicle without the act of using a bladed key or FOBIK is called ‘Keyless Go’.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2014 Dodge Dart GT
I have had a few instances, where I get in the car and press the push button and it will jump to "run" and click. Sometimes it will do it once, other times it takes a few minutes to finally start. Yesterday I was stuck for about 10 minutes before it finally started. I can't find anything on this issue anywhere else and was hoping someone could give me some insight on whats going on before taking my only mode of transportation to the dealer to have them keep it for weeks, TIA
My 2014 Dart Limited (141,000 mi.) start button acted just like that for about three weeks and then...I had to buy a new starter and solenoid. All good now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts