Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... I am currently looking at buying a used M13, and was wondering if being "limited", is really worth it?

They are asking $15k CDN with 52,000km on it. The car is in good shape, and comes with the "owners package" as well.

Just thought I would ask your opinions before I finalize my loan :)

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
Sounds reasonable tbh. It is a Limited with Mopar parts on it; nothing other than interior & suspension was really messed with for the m13. I do like the blue lighting on the interior in lieu of the red that most Darts have tho.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, are people generally happy with their 1.4T? I've read a lot about turbo lag, and stuff like that. I am coming from a 3.5T EcoBoost F150, that ran 15's in the 1/4, and I also have an 85 Mustang GT, with a 2.3T from an 87 TurboCoupe, with a holset HY35, and a whole bunch of goodies, that should run 11's if not high 10's once it's finally tuned.

I did notice when I test drove this M13, that with the AC on, it is kinda "meh" to drive, but turning off the AC, it is a lot different/better :) I am not surprised by this at all, since it is only a small 4cyl. I had a 2003 Matrix XRS, that came alive at 6300rpm up to 8400rpm... that was a blast to drive... but sadly, i traded it in on that truck that I thought I needed...

So, back to this M13, I think the price is pretty average from what I've seen, based on looking at other Darts, with similar specs (since I haven't found another M13 for sale as of yet).

I am about 99% sure I am going to pull the trigger, and buy it... This will be my first Mopar, so hopefully I don't regret it... :)

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
the 1.4T is a lot of fun and as of now, there are more aftermarket performance modding options than 2.0/2.4. the 1.4T is not a fast car by any means, but it does have some pep, does handle well, and you can improve the pedal lag with tune and lightweight pulley. there is a dealer flash that addresses A/C and it does help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, would you say that this is a decent vehicle? Yeah, i know this is a Dodge Dart forum, so I would assume so...

And, I am not looking for a fast car, I already have one...I am looking for a car to zip around town with, and go on trips with, so we're not always driving my wife's car (since the truck I have now, is not fuel efficent at all... it's horrible on fuel). My requirements were manual trans, something different than all the other cars out there, fun to drive, and handles well... so far, this car fits all those things, except for the lag... but I can live with that.

I also like that it is fully loaded too! I missed the key fob/keyless ignition that I had in my 07' lancer, so having that back is a bonus. The only thing missing is the remote start, but being manual, I will live without :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just purchased the M13 on Saturday. Mine is 484/500. It has 33,000 miles and in like new condition. I paid $11,999 for it. It's a really fun car to drive but mine has a lot of turbo lag(kicks in just over 3000+/-rpm), and slow throttle response. But still peppy though.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just purchased the M13 on Saturday. Mine is 484/500. It has 33,000 miles and in like new condition. I paid $11,999 for it. It's a really fun car to drive but mine has a lot of turbo lag(kicks in just over 3000+/-rpm), and slow throttle response. But still peppy though.
It does have a lot of lag and the power band is very jerky. But once you clear about 3,500 RPM, it smooths out and will push you back a little bit. Congrats on your M13 and welcome to the club!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sounds nice! Enjoy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts