Dodge Dart Forum banner

Pulley vs go pedal

4K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  R&D Guy 
#1 ·
The first thing I'm modding on my dart is the throttle delay. I've seen people put in these pulleys and I've read about stuff like go pedal.

Personally, being a hardware/software type of guy, I'm more inclined to go with the go pedal stuff because it'd be ridding the average joe limitations implemented via software, right? Then some modules offer other tweaks too, which is nice.

What's the consensus on pulley vs soft/hardware?

#3 ·
I drive mostly with the auto stick, and I got what I paid for: a more sensitive gas pedal. It'd be great if I was doing automatic all the time, or even didn't have the auto stick.

I was hoping to get some kind of gain in 1st thinking maybe the electric signal wasn't maxed out when I floored it. No such luck, so I returned it.

#4 ·
All these pedal boxes can do is make the pedal more (or less) sensitive by modifying the throttle position sensor signal. Anything they can do you can do with your right foot, but I guess some people like the super-sensitive pedal with limited travel. A pulley won't make power, but it reduces the rotating mass of the engine, so it can rev up and down slightly faster. Making the engine more responsive can affect the performance of the car. It will at least feel just a little bit snappier.

#12 ·
Will the pulley make the gas pedal more sensitive as well or will I still have a sponge under my foot? 😄
The Dart's "drive-by-wire" throttle is sort of weird, and each engine is different. If you're driving a 2.0, there's not much you can do that will make it snappy. It's not a very spirited engine and was never meant to be. It's probably best to just accept and enjoy it for what it is and not waste too much effort trying to make it something it isn't.

#6 ·
There is no magic part that will make your Dart into a HellCat. If you want rocket acceleration, trade in your Dart for something that will make you happy.

#8 ·
But my Dart makes me happy. 😋

If I can tweak it to get some gains, I'm down.

Dodge Dart Hellcat, there's a fantasy, lol. 😆
Do you realize that addiction to "just one more gain" will never stop? From someone that knows from a former life doing that to a Neon.

#9 ·
I've been waiting 7 long years to start seriously modding my Dart. I signed up here weeks after getting it and drooled at what guys were doing.

Wife made a stink about waiting till it was paid off. It's half in her name, but, well, yea.

TWO MONTHS LEFT though! 😈

#11 ·
Heh, maybe not modding it has been keeping it running strong for the last 100200 miles with just oil and filters. Oh wait, I added the cruise control module back in 2014 after reading about it here. The wifey paid for it to stop my bitching, lol.

I did do a K&N filter with copper plugs tho. minor, slight, pep boost, nothing to take to the 1/4 mile about. 🙃

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.