Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All,

I put in a k&n factory replacement filter in my 2.4l GT today, was a piece of cake and went smoothly... Until I fired up the engine and the CEL came on.

I did everything correctly I thought, unhook negative terminal for 20 min while motor cooled, tightened it all back up etc.

Went to autozone to check error, come back with some weird one they couldn't read. Cruse to dealer, of course light goes off.

Turns out when you unhook the battery it can cause the CEL to come on for a while. According to the tech there, it'll automatically adjust, in my previous ride you had to unhook the battery, apparently the new darts, mines 2014, will auto sense the changes with out unhooking the terminal.

Certainly made me concerned for a few haha. I think the original error code was U1504 or something which says to much error data to read (not exactly word for word... Paraphrasing), but the following was the battery deal.

Hope this saves someone else the headache. It went away after cycling the motor a few times.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't have even unhooked the negative terminal just to replace a air filter.

I was clearly misinformed, but I not only had it in instructions for my older ford, but also saw some one mention it on another forum post. Just figured I'd help out someone else like me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
MoRALLYE
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing