Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
I wonder if I were to take my Dart in, and they tell me the shift bushing has failed, if they would fix it or tell me the part is not available at this time? For some reason I have to think that they'd find it if I had to pay for it.........

·
Registered
712 Posts
I wonder if I were to take my Dart in, and they tell me the shift bushing has failed, if they would fix it or tell me the part is not available at this time? For some reason I have to think that they'd find it if I had to pay for it.........
9 times out of 10 if you show up unexpectedly to have it looked at it they're gonna tell you to come back another time since it's not in their scheduled time. Also the recall is so new i doubt dealer have the new part

·
Registered
93 Posts
I received my official recall letter from FCA in the mail today. It says the remedy is not available at this time but they're working on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same here. The letter told me nothing I didn't already know.
Ironically, the same day, the bushing I ordered from Bushingfix.com came as well. I haven't installed it yet...waiting for my forearm to heal up from the last time. I have it 'engineered together' right now with cable ties and one of these clamped across the top of the cable and under the lever.
Laugh but it works.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I received my official recall letter from FCA in the mail today. It says the remedy is not available at this time but they're working on it.
Ditto. It basically said "There is a reported problem with your Dart but we can't do a damn thing about it right now. Stay tuned".

Oh well. I just hope it doesn't break right after I backed out into the path of oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Glad they sent this out, because I had to have my shifter cable replaced for this issue back in 2017, dealer did it and it cost $450.00, I am going to process my reimbursement,

·
Registered
415 Posts
Glad they sent this out, because I had to have my shifter cable replaced for this issue back in 2017, dealer did it and it cost $450.00, I am going to process my reimbursement,

Same same. Had dealer fix to the tune of $550 late 2018. Submitted my reimbursement request.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ours just failed last night.
Was about to leave a restaurant, and the valet comes back saying it won’t go into drive... it had got to neutral and that was it.
The bushing had failed and the cable popped off the lever... the bushing is totally gone.
AAA dropped it off at the dealership, and we uber’d home.
The AAA driver said he had towed 3 Darts this week with the same problem, and did a temporary fix with a tie wrap on 2 others (still had the bushing in place).
We’ll see what the dealership has to say tomorrow.

I see BushingFix.com has their $20 repair part, and Amazon and eBay are selling a Dorman part as a fix.
Anybody used either?... any comments?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Stealership wanted $700 to replace the cable, with the submit that to FCA for reimbursement.

When I said “no, I’ll take the vehicle and bring it back when you have the recall part”, they said you can’t drive it because the cable is broken... it will take us 30 minutes to do the paperwork and push it around... 5 minutes later it’s driven up front... knowing it was just the bushing and not a broken cable, I asked for the report that said the cable was broken... what I got said “cable came apart”.

I drove it home and did the tie wrap fix.
I’ll do the BushingFix on the weekend.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
22 Participants
Spillage
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing