Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
https://moparinsiders.com/recall-fca-recalls-over-300000-dodge-dart-models/

Dodge recalling Darts for auto trans shift bushing failure resulting in the inability to shift.

Doesn't affect me and the article doesn't outline of it affects ddct or the regular auto or both but wanted to give a heads up on it unless it's posted else where.

FCA will advise customers when they may schedule service, which will be provided free of charge. In the interim, those with questions or concerns may contact their dealers or call the FCA US Recall Information Center at (800) 853-1403.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Looks like both of my Darts are affected. It's recall V34 and it applies to all the 6F24 Powertech equipped Darts. I'll be doing these myself once the parts are available.

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Looks like both of my Darts are affected. It's recall V34 and it applies to all the 6F24 Powertech equipped Darts. I'll be doing these myself once the parts are available.
It also affects the C635 DDCT, since my Dart is affected. Presumably it's every Dart ever built with an automatic transmission.

Also, for those interested in these things, it is NHTSA recall 19V-293, although they don't appear to have an entry for it yet on the NHTSA website.

·
Super Moderator
4,564 Posts
Why not bring it to the dealer? That way you don't have to spend any money
Because a lot of us have good reason not to trust the dealerships. Free parts, free labor, and probably some free extra damage or something else done by a tech that didn't know what they were doing.

Not to bash Mopar techs at all, many of them are very good at what they do and are paid well for it. However, I apparently never had any of these techs. I either got my car back dirty, scratched, curbed etc. every time I got it back. So honestly, if the part is cheap, doing it your self is the BEST option.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I never got to any dealer for any repairs. If I can't fix it, no one fixes it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I never got to any dealer for any repairs. If I can't fix it, no one fixes it.
There are times I wish I had this mentality. I'm at a eh point on this one. I cannot shutoff the car if it's not in park, but I'm too lazy to do it right now, and I use autostick quite a bit. Should I let them do it? Yes, would be obvious answer but I caught my local dealer joyriding in my car when I left it to do a simple headlight housing swap.

It turned out....I got the car back, started it in the dealers lot....40 extra miles...that's odd...shut it off walked in and asked why there's extra miles on my car. Their lame excuse was we had to test drive it to make sure everything works right. Ok, maybe...but 40 miles??? Grrrrrrrr ( you mother......)

Got back in the car to take off and looked into the backseat to see a beanie with a Skull logo. Interesting: I don't know anyone that wears a beanie including myself so why is this here? Walked back in.
Does this belong to anyone? The blonde dude (do not remember his name right now, but he still works there) behind the counter behind who I was not talking to looked at it, face turned like eeek! And the guy I talked to walked around and asked if anyone knew about this and came back then said it's not ours. Maybe it's yours! Not a chance!

I later for another service don't recall the exact nature of it, but the blonde guy brought it back revving it to about 3 grand in the garage (it sounded good, even from inside lol) and he goes "what did you do? It sounds great! Did you remove the down pipe, cat or anything else??" I'm all simple muffler delete with 3 inch pipes in it's place fitting to both rear exhaust exits, resonator is still in tact which is why I'm guessing it still has that deep not so rice 4 banger sound..

I actually would have done the same thing if I heard that car in that garage and I did...many times still do so I wasn't pissed at him about that, but the mileage on this visit and the free beanie made me want to knock his teeth out. Wouldn't have taken much, but I felt he was a fan at that point....

Bottom line you probably shouldnt trust your dealer...

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yeah when I worked at a VM/Mazda dealer back in the early 00's I got to test drive a VW don't remember the model but it had the W8, and it needed to be 'stress tested' to make sure it was fixed and the tech gave me the keys and said 'have at it'. It wasn't awesome for what it should have been but got to take it for a 7 mile joy ride on the beach. But I didn't dog it just made sure it ran well and had decent exceleration. But.. I did dog an at the time brand new off the truck RX8 manual when they first came out. Took it from the truck to get gas at a local gas station and people were looking. Funny how you can actually get female attention from a hot car they have never seen before. Coming out of the gas station I was like hell with it give em a show. So I burned the tires through 3rd gear and hit 85mph like nothing... Then someone towing a horse trailer decided they were going to get in the middle of the road effectively blocking the entire road.. I'm lucky I didn't just slide right under which would have decapitated me.. luckily thanks to all wheel antilock disc brakes and brand new tires of course, the car came to a stop within inches of being under the trailer... That was the very last time I decided to showboat a car.. moral of the story, when you take your car to a dealer, unless you wait in the waiting room for the service to be done you have no idea what was actually happening to your car while in their hands.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yeah when I worked at a VM/Mazda dealer back in the early 00's I got to test drive a VW don't remember the model but it had the W8, and it needed to be 'stress tested' to make sure it was fixed and the tech gave me the keys and said 'have at it'. It wasn't awesome for what it should have been but got to take it for a 7 mile joy ride on the beach. But I didn't dog it just made sure it ran well and had decent exceleration. But.. I did dog an at the time brand new off the truck RX8 manual when they first came out. Took it from the truck to get gas at a local gas station and people were looking. Funny how you can actually get female attention from a hot car they have never seen before. Coming out of the gas station I was like hell with it give em a show. So I burned the tires through 3rd gear and hit 85mph like nothing... Then someone towing a horse trailer decided they were going to get in the middle of the road effectively blocking the entire road.. I'm lucky I didn't just slide right under which would have decapitated me.. luckily thanks to all wheel antilock disc brakes and brand new tires of course, the car came to a stop within inches of being under the trailer... That was the very last time I decided to showboat a car.. moral of the story, when you take your car to a dealer, unless you wait in the waiting room for the service to be done you have no idea what was actually happening to your car while in their hands.
That's great lol I bet you needed new boxers after that!

I would love to try a Wankel one day if they're still around by the time I get money for one.

Side note...also do not buy rental cars for exactly as described above. I don't know anyone that hasn't abused the piss out of a rental for nothing other then the fun of it. You ever seen a Yaris get 1 mile to the gallon, redlining for over an hour? I have!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
That's great lol I bet you needed new boxers after that!

I would love to try a Wankel one day if they're still around by the time I get money for one.

Side note...also do not buy rental cars for exactly as described above. I don't know anyone that hasn't abused the piss out of a rental for nothing other then the fun of it. You ever seen a Yaris get 1 mile to the gallon, redlining for over an hour? I have!
Wankels are slower than most mid performance cars of today's variety however.. they are still bad ass and fun as hell. As far as getting one? That's easy man. Find someone who is selling an RX8 because it got flooded (fuel flooded) and won't run for about 1200. They are out there and easy to deflood. Issue is if you flood the engine you have to 'dry start' it for about 5 minutes (press the gas pedal to the floor while cranking. You will need a jump or new battery too). People have no idea how to run one. #1 dog it once a week. It's a REQUIREMENT to keep the Apex seals clean. #2. Don't flood the engine. #3. Replace old coils cause they sucked on the rx8s. You do those things and standard maintenance you shouldn't have much issue. I want one and if the Wankel takes a dump, no worries, there are ls motor adaptation kits out there and it's supposed to be pretty easy comparative to other cars to do.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Because a lot of us have good reason not to trust the dealerships. Free parts, free labor, and probably some free extra damage or something else done by a tech that didn't know what they were doing.

Not to bash Mopar techs at all, many of them are very good at what they do and are paid well for it. However, I apparently never had any of these techs. I either got my car back dirty, scratched, curbed etc. every time I got it back. So honestly, if the part is cheap, doing it your self is the BEST option.
I still haven't gotten the brake vacuum line recall performed on my Dart yet because I fear what those clowns will do to it while it's in the shop. There are three Dodge dealers within a reasonable proximity to me and all three have service departments with terrible reviews on Yelp.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I used to work at a Ford dealership as a porter when I was a teenager. We would clean any turn-in vehicles or trade ins as well as preparing new vehicle sales for delivery. Boy oh boy, let me tell you the greatest day of work was when we had a 2003 SVT Cobra and a 2001 SVT Lightning in our garage bays. I'm pretty sure we took at least 25% tread life off the tires by the time we were done playing with them.

Never go to the dealer unless it's your absolute last resort.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
I used to work at a Ford dealership as a porter when I was a teenager. We would clean any turn-in vehicles or trade ins as well as preparing new vehicle sales for delivery. Boy oh boy, let me tell you the greatest day of work was when we had a 2003 SVT Cobra and a 2001 SVT Lightning in our garage bays. I'm pretty sure we took at least 25% tread life off the tires by the time we were done playing with them.

Hard to believe... I had the same summer job AT a Ford dealer, no less !! I met my wife there! She was a cashier/records clerk. Spent the entire mornings starting up the cars that were sitting too long to avoid battery drain. Listening to oddball AM radio talk shows (FM was still in it's infancy!) 1974. But, the Right Wing never had a chance with me. Not even by invoking religious overtones. I always considered myself a "Made Man" ..... lol..... :cool2: .
Sorry - back to the recall .....

·
Registered
645 Posts
Boy, we turned traction control, ABS and stability control all the way off here.

I'm looking to see if my car is included in the recall. Where do I look?

·
Registered
32 Posts

I worked at a Ford dealer for 11.5 years, a Chevy dealer for 14 months (a nightmare) and now a Toyota dealer for the last year. None of those dealers have or does permit us to drive a customer vehicle any more than necessary to verify a problem or a repair. If we get caught trying to "hot rod" a customer vehicle, we get fired immediately. If the vehicle has more miles on it than the customer was expecting, we have to justify it or get fired. Very strict policies and very strict enforcement of those policies. If we return a customer's vehicle dirty, we have to clean it ourselves. Not every dealer allows the kind of behavior claimed in this thread.

·
Registered
875 Posts

Even though I know I can trust my dealership, the car only goes there if it's out of my ability to fix.

·
Registered
134 Posts
1 - 20 of 45 Posts