Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Dart 1.4l turbo. the problem Im having is that my microphone doesnt seem to work on my Uconnect. all the wiring seems ok. it seems to possibly be the telematics module. i have bought another one from ebay. if i just go and swap it out. Will i need to do a Proxy alignment.? I do have the Obd2Mx and i can purchase the alfaObd software but i have no idea what the procedure is. If someone had a walk through it would be fantastic..

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Since the electronics are networked together, it is possible that a PROXI may need to be done. With alfaOBD it's easy.
Start alfaOBD. Select Dodge/Ram, select Dodge Dart (PF), next pulldown select BODY COMPUTER. Under Select Control Unit, select Body Computer Delphi/Marelli. Once you have the bluetooth connection, touch the Fiat open hood icon. Under the Select procedure to start pulldown, go almost all the way to the end of the list and select PROXY alignment. Select START and the program does the alignment, you don't need to do anything else.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok. so i tried to plug in the tcm and the wiring harness fits but the other wire set that looks like a charging connector wont go in. s/n was a match and the it came up as a match for a compatible car. i can get it to go in if i trim off the side but im hesitant to do that . anyone know what those wires do?

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
One of the connector ports of the CTM is not used. You are possibly trying to plug into that one.
Please don't confuse TCM (transmission Control Module) with CTM (Convergence Telematics Module)

08 - Electrical / 8E - Electronic Control Modules / MODULE, Convergence Telematics / Description

DESCRIPTION

dartctm1.jpg

The Convergence Telematics Module (CTM) (3) is found in vehicles equipped with the optional Uconnect® Hands-Free System. This module is located beneath the instrument panel inboard of the steering column where it is concealed behind the instrument panel steering column opening cover. The CTM hardware and circuitry is contained and protected within a molded black plastic housing that has two integral mounts (2) and an integral locating pin (1). The CTM is positioned to a stamped metal mounting bracket by the locating pin, then secured to the bracket by two screws. Two additional screws secure the mounting bracket to the instrument panel support structure.

The CTM has three integral connector receptacles that are oriented toward the dash panel when it is installed in the vehicle. The upper receptacle (6) connects the CTM to the vehicle electrical system through a dedicated take out and connector of the instrument panel wire harness. The lower receptacle (4) accepts a Universal Serial Bus (USB) cable connector that connects the CTM to the Radio Receiver Module (RRM). The center connector receptacle (5) is not used in this application.

The internal circuitry of the CTM includes a microcontroller, flash memory and a Bluetooth™ module. The module also includes sophisticated Voice Recognition (VR) software. The CTM software is flash programmable.

The CTM cannot be adjusted or repaired and, if damaged or ineffective, the entire CTM must be replaced. The mounting bracket for the CTM is individually serviceable.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok. i was talking Ctm sorry. Ebay calls it a telematics communication module. It is #4 that i am referring to. USB to radio receiver. the plug will not fit in the hole because the 45 degree angle is on the other side. i could cut out the angle with an exacto and im pretty sure it would go in. The USB part is the same. question is Why is this one different?

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
What color is the connector at the end of the cable, gray or black? It should be gray. The gray and black will have the angle on opposite sides. Did your original CTM have the same port orientation?

dartusbconnectors.jpg

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Usually, the port is the same color as the connector. Was the port in the original CTM also black? Since you say the new CTM has the angle on the wrong side, I assume the port is gray. If you are sure this is the correct cable and connector modify the connector not the port.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have found a mini USB adapter for 5 bucks on ebay that should allow me to connect the two without modifying anything. i will get it in a week or so and i will post the results. thank you for the info

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the mini adapter worked. i plugged in the new telematics module and everything is working. i did not have to do a proxy alignment, just deleted the previous owners pairings and reset my own and voila!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
the mini adapter worked. i plugged in the new telematics module and everything is working. i did not have to do a proxy alignment, just deleted the previous owners pairings and reset my own and voila!
Now that you have confirmed it works, could you post the link to the usb mini adapter you purchased? It may be useful in the future.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts