Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own 2015 Dodge Dart sxt. The 2.4l manual. I’ve always been for Chevy but just made the switch. Just wondering if there’s anything to watch out for? Everything seems to be in great condition, what are some flaws I guess I could say.

·
Super Moderator
3,654 Posts
Check the oil level every time you fill up with gas. Some 2.4L engines consume oil. If it gets low enough, the MultiAir will force the engine to die for no apparent reason at any time. Not every 2.4 has the problem, you might be lucky.

Reactions: David52k

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the oil level every time you fill up with gas. Some 2.4L engines consume oil. If it gets low enough, the MultiAir will force the engine to die for no apparent reason at any time. Not every 2.4 has the problem, you might be lucky.
I appreciate it. Yeah I mean I enjoy the car a lot. Only 75,000 on it. All levels are good, no leaks and runs great. I know that the 2.4l motor tends to feel hotter then most. Or so I’ve seen on the internet. Due to the walls being so thin? I was wondering if there are ways to cool the motor down more. Temp gauge is fine not over heating just feels hotter then the normal motor.

·
Super Moderator
3,654 Posts
The PCM controls engine temps by when it turns on the radiator fan, not much you can do. Some remove a couple slats on the auto grill shutter and some remove the belly pan but that may affect mileage aerodynamics. It is how the engine was engineered and it's normal, just not what everyone is accustomed to.

Reactions: David52k

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The PCM controls engine temps by when it turns on the radiator fan, not much you can do. Some remove a couple slats on the auto grill shutter and some remove the belly pan but that may affect mileage aerodynamics. It is how the engine was engineered and it's normal, just not what everyone is accustomed to.
Okay cool! Yeah definitely not used to it

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
The following dramatically lowers the engine bay temps. I haven't had my radiator fans kick on since performing these changes. The Dart runs hotter by the nature of it's programming to get better mpg, so the radiator will not kick on until 230F coolant temp. When the engine coolant gets above 200F, you will notice a drop in power with the 2.4. Mine now runs at a constant 190-199F.

1) Remove the engine cover or hat as I call it.
2) Remove underbody aero cover.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
You should buy the clutch delay valve delete ($99) and replace your rear transmission mount. The clutch delay valve adds extra wear on your clutch and gives a horrible manual trans experience. The OEM rear trans mount (including the other 2 as well) are extremely weak and fail early on. Deyeme racing sells an upgraded version that is filled with either flex or firm poly. $74.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts