Dodge Dart Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Are these photos the non- carbon fiber version? Is that what we would get with the 600 option?
The hood in the picture is my fiberglass plug. The finish on it is a high gloss coating that will not be used on any of the production hoods. The production hoods will come in Fiberglass/Gelcoat or Carbon Fiber/Clear top coat/Clear Coat. There are options to replace the carbon fiber with something else like a colored hybrid material at and extra cost.

The geloat could come in various different colors (not color matched to your car), it really depends on what else I am spraying and what I have in stock. It does not come polished and it could come with small imperfections that need to be taken care of prior to painting. I do not paint in house and unless things really pickup I will not be offering this service in the future. The avg price of painting a hood in my area is around $250.00, it could be more or less depending on where you go and where you are from.

The Carbon Fiber version will come clear coated/polished/ready to install.

·
Registered
674 Posts
You guys are going to want this when you see pictures of it on my car

Reactions: Nahu

·
Registered
674 Posts
Time to use that old hood for some mods?. Maybe mold in some vents and a scoop?.
Didnt you order this hood too? Any update on yours? If it has shipped yet?

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Didnt you order this hood too? Any update on yours? If it has shipped yet?
Yeah, still waiting. I talked to them a couple of weeks ago. Don't want to rush them though. I'd rather have it done right than fast. They're trying to fill the backorder orders first.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Damn! Wish I saw this earlier. I definitely would have preordered one for my GT. At $950 it is way too much for me. I really should visit the forum more often. I've been sidetracked with 5 1/2 months of 4 hour drives every week for chemo for my dog. On a happy note. She is doing great!

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Damn! Wish I saw this earlier. I definitely would have preordered one for my GT. At $950 it is way too much for me. I really should visit the forum more often. I've been sidetracked with 5 1/2 months of 4 hour drives every week for chemo for my dog. On a happy note. She is doing great!
We're still waiting for the hoods to be released. I was promised last week that they would be shipping in a couple of weeks. I'm not holding my breath at this point because it's been 5 months since they took my deposit.

Reactions: Pretty Boy Floyd

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
We've been promised some nice upgrades because of the delays. We'll see if she comes through on them.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts