Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Step daughter who I gave my Dart to had quite the fender bender over the weekend. thankfully everyone was ok, but the car is pretty damaged. Not sure if they'll total it out or not as the adjuster is coming today. I know the sport hood is no longer available, same for the Mopar CAI and functiona hood scoop and the grille shutter is most likely destroyed and that's on backorder until almost February. Amazingly the air bags didn't deploy, but I know the radiator was leaking. Front passenger door opens but struggles so maybe there is frame damage. Couldn't believe the Neon she hit barely had a mark on it

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Administrator
5,337 Posts
It's totaled. Sorry.

Reactions: Holden Cantrell

·
Registered
338 Posts
In today's insurance world that would be totaled. Looks just like the front of my wife's car after my youngest daughter decided to text while driving.

·
Registered
2015 SXT Vitaman C
123 Posts
Hate to see that, easy to see the hood gave as designed. Really sad to see a sport hood car get pinched but they seem to be safe cars.
As the others mentioned its done, ive bought a few parts rigs that were totaled with next to nothing but in todays world its easier they just cash them out vs fix.

With the exception of the hood and related hood parts mopar dealers on ebay have the parts you would need. I replaced my whole basic front end to have a different look and used all mopar parts and did so at maybe 1/4 of dealer prices on the parts (it made zero sense to pay full price).

If you can do the work yourself and the paint as well without really seeing more pics id look into buying it back if ya really like the car.

For instance the front bumper cover was like $120, I use good paint and supplies and had maybe $250 in that, mopar headlights were approx $200 per, your front crush parts are not that bad used. Your door issue could easily just be the fender interference.

I have found these cars to be very easy to work on and its ironic she nailed a Neon, ive fixed mine twice after dear strikes whole front ends both times and the last time it was the front end and both drivers side doors.

If you could use any semi detailed pics of one apart just message me. ( My PLC car here was not wrecked in the front just weathered and a bit beat up but all the crash zone parts are easy to RnR.)

Good luck and be safe.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille

Wheel Tire Car Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i appreciate all of your collective input. It was a good car and when they totaled it out yesterday, I was shocked at the amount they gave me for it that I jumped on it. They gave me $12294 after my $700 deductible so I am quite pleased. I'll probably just have the step daughter take over my 2 year old Kia Forte GT with 62,000 miles on it and get myself a new Forte GT. I was hoping the functional hood scoop kit wasn't broken to sell on here, but it was cracked as well

·
Registered
32 Posts
a deer hit me, yes, she hit me, dented the hell out of the door, and obliviated the mirror. door frame is slightly bent out and edge and has an air leak.
fixed it all but the dent so far. door is a nightmare to get the stuff out of the way to knock the dent out from the inside.

·
Registered
2013 Dart Rallye 1.4t/6spd
21 Posts
If it has the nipple on the vacuum pump (if it's a turbo car) and you can grab it somehow I'll gladly buy it and I'm sorry that sucks that car looks like it was super nice

·
Registered
2015 SXT Vitaman C
123 Posts
The deer strike neon I mentioned I had just replaced the whole dog house and it just bent the top of the core support as not to worry and no damage past that, Ins. while I had the front in primer still I needed to go 155 miles to the Va and left at 1/2 hour before sunup and as I just put it on cruise at 65 I told my wife as long as no cattle or deer jump out were good and I just got comfortable and about 15 seconds later there was the 12 point buck in the middle of the road. I pulled the wheel as not to do a head on but rolled the front of the buck on the hood and windshield and rolled him along both doors. Between the two deer strikes they paid out near 7k and 1/2 went to me after the easy fix on the body and paint.

I cant see a dart faring as well at all.

As for the OP and his blue dart payout at over 12k, I could only get that lucky.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Glad everyone is okay....

You got a KILLER payout for that car! I had a fender bender in March (almost no damage but insurance still totaled the vehicle, which sucks) and they were going to give me $4000. So I said no way, got it repaired, and away we go. Might have been a different story if they waved $12k in my face lol. Understandable that you let it go.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Glad everyone is okay....

You got a KILLER payout for that car! I had a fender bender in March (almost no damage but insurance still totaled the vehicle, which sucks) and they were going to give me $4000. So I said no way, got it repaired, and away we go. Might have been a different story if they waved $12k in my face lol. Understandable that you let it go.
yea it was the best thing that happened out of a bad situation. the only issue was the high cost on used cars currently so I went new. If anyone is near Detroit, it's being auctioned off in Woodhaven

1 - 12 of 12 Posts