Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I purchased my 2015 Dodge Dart in November or 2018. Recently my car has been having some issues like I’ll be driving and the steering will lock up, the car will stop switching gears and I’ll have to pull over put it in park and turn it off. I typically wait 3-5 mins then try to restart it and it stalls on me. This problem also happens if someone cuts me off and I have to slam on the breaks. I really don’t know what’s going on and I’m new here as well

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Check your oil level if this a 2.4L engine. They are known to have oil consumption problems and if the multiair doesn't get enough oil, the engine will stall.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check your oil level if this a 2.4L engine. They are known to have oil consumption problems and if the multiair doesn't get enough oil, the engine will stall.
I just got an oil change about a month ago could that still be a problem even after an oil change

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
It depends how fast the oil level drops and how many miles you drive. It's possible whoever did the oil change did not put in the correct amount. Some 2.4 owners have had to have their engine replaced if the oil consumption was bad enough. It's not hard to open the hood and check the oil level. If it's low, top it up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts