Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 dart 1.4 turbo. The car has 203K on it. It’s the wife’s car she was driving down the highway when she said she lost power and the car wouldn’t shift right. I towed it home and got to looking at it. First I noticed that the AOS box is leaking. Next I noticed that the main hose off the air filter housing was loose on the turbo but also noticed that there was oil in the hose. I tightened up the hose and car still does same thing no power. I do have the p2262 code and have found no other air leaks. I read about the wastegate adjustment but wasn’t sure if I should bother seeing as the turbo doesn’t even act like it’s working. Is there anything else I can do? Tests? Checks? Before I take it to the dealer and get a new turbo?

·
Administrator
5,642 Posts
Possible causes are listed in the order of what to check.
28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics / MODULE, Powertrain Control (PCM) / Diagnosis and Testing

P2262-00-TURBOCHARGER BOOST PRESSURE NOT DETECTED - MECHANICAL
Rectangle Slope Font Line Parallel

Theory of Operation

When the accelerator is closed suddenly, excessive boost pressure can build up between the Turbocharger and the Throttle Body which can cause damage to the Turbocharger. This can occur because the compressed air created by the Turbocharger has no place to go. This results in compressor surge. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects this pressure increase via input from the Boost Pressure Sensor. The Boost Pressure Sensor operates as a typical three wire sensor. The PCM provides a 5-volt supply and sensor return circuit to the Boost Pressure Sensor and receives a feedback voltage on the signal circuit. The Turbocharger Surge Valve is responsible for venting the boost pressure between the Turbocharger and Throttle Body during sudden deceleration. The Turbocharger Surge Valve is normally spring loaded closed. When the PCM receives an input signal from the Boost Pressure Sensor that the pressure is above a calibrated amount, the PCM grounds the Turbocharger Surge Valve Control circuit which electrically opens the valve and routes the excess pressure between the Turbocharger and the Throttle Body back to the inlet of the Turbocharger, relieving the pressure and preventing compressor surge.

When Monitored and Set Conditions

When Monitored: This diagnostic runs continuously when the following conditions are met:

•With the engine running.
•When the Wastegate Valve is commanded closed or is open at a value less than 100%.

Set Conditions:

•The difference between the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) (modeled position minus the actual position) is greater than 30 kPa (4.35 PSI).

Default Actions:

•The MIL light will illuminate.

Possible Causes

RESTRICTED AIR FILTER
BOOST SYSTEM PRESSURE HOSES RESTRICTED OR LEAKING
LARGE INTAKE SYSTEM LEAK OR RESTRICTION
INTERCOOLER LEAK
EXHAUST SYSTEM RESTRICTION
WASTEGATE SOLENOID
WASTEGATE VALVE STICKING OPEN
TURBOCHARGER (SEIZED TURBINE)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sometimes it’s the simplest things. I may be wrong on the terms but the wastegate rod that mounts on the exhaust side of the turbo came off. Snap ring of some sort holds it on. I hooked it back up and all is well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts