Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Dodge Dart I-4 multi air turbo automatic with 110,000 miles. The mileage has gone down the tube here in Oregon. The vehicle in its hay day would get 40 to 45 on the highway and 35 to 37 in the city now everything is between 28 to 31 mpg. New plugs at @ 95,000 and coils, new air filter recently. All oil and filter changes are current. I have heard it could be the Oxygen sensors? They have never been changed. But according to the manual they are due.

·
Administrator
5,642 Posts
Turbo engines possibly get more stress wear (depending on how hard you push it) than a naturally aspirated engine. If you know how, do a compression test. Replacing the O2 sensors is probably a good idea. Time to replace the timing belt and water pump at that mileage.

·
Administrator
5,642 Posts
There is both an upstream and a downstream O2 sensor. The upstream sensor is on the exhaust manifold above the catalytic converter and the downstream sensor is below the catalytic converter. Mopar engines don't like Bosch O2 sensors, so stay with NTK O2 sensors.

Reactions: MattyMopar

·
Premium Member
2013 Dart Limited 1.4T 6-Speed
311 Posts
For what it's worth, I've had my 1.4T since 15k miles, and it's always been in the 28-31 MPG range. I don't believe I've ever hit 40 MPG with it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wonder if more ethanol has been added to your fuel sources. Other factors beyond anyone's control could be tires/tire quality, road surfaces, increased traffic at variable speeds, increased idling, weather pattern changes. If the service manual recommends doing something at a certain interval, then I would definitely do so around the mileage/timeframe it suggests when money allows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts