Dodge Dart Forum banner

[PLEASE READ] M37 Transaxle Clutch Slave Cylinder

21K views 47 replies 26 participants last post by  AmsVito 
Bad news for Dart owners.
This repair requires the engine/trans to be DROPPED. The component has a bolt that comes from the right side of the transmission that cannot be accessed directly.
Now we fear for the integrity of the entire system. A new car should not have the entire powertrain gutted 6 days in.
We purchased a Dart on the first Sat. of November. Six days later, last Friday, there was a puddle of transmission fluid and "Gears not Available" error.
I have it towed to the dealership. Estimated "all things go well" done by Tuesday.
No mention of recall.
No phone calls telling us the part was not properly ordered or shipped from 50 miles away.
My wife calls and is told the part is not shipped. My wife ask "why didn't you call me to tell me this?" She calls him out on poor customer service. Angry service writer retorts to my wife, who also was a service writer in a garage.
Several conversations with an awesome service manager and things are smoothed out.
They did provide a rental car (rare nowadays).
We called Dodge cust. service and they mentioned a TSB for earlier produced dart models. This is last night. No mention of recall by the dealership.
We love this car and the tech in it. It handles great and amazing mileage. We literally just broke it in and had not even driven her quickly.
Why is it bad news for Dart owners? Its not like you personally have to drop the engine cradle and replace it yourself. Its a brand new car, there are going to be issues. Dodge is fixing it in a timely manner and even providing a loaner car. The issues you seem to have stem from the dealership not Dodge. Not to mention the slave cylinder is probably sourced from an outside vendor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.