Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This recall applies only to the above vehicles equipped with a Dual Dry
Clutch Transaxle (sales code DA1) built from August 23, 2012 through
October 18, 2012

This is a new recall that was just announced today. This is an inspect and if necessary replace. There is a date code range on the Slave Cylinders that are bad undoubtly.

Be patient with your dealers as this is just coming out today so parts may be a little bit of an issue.

· Registered
558 Posts
Thanks Dart189! Mine is at the dealer right now and was built right in the middle of that so you may have just saved me an extra trip back to the dealer. They can take a look at it and if necessary get the parts ordered before I go back to get it tomorrow. I appreciate the quick posting of the information!

· Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Make sure you tell them to check on the recall. I just happened to find this in my inbox this morning.

There is no big announcment or anything. I am sure it was not on the Vehicle information yesterday either so they would not see it I don't think.

· Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you guys inbox me VIN #s I can work on checking on recalls for you.

Might take me a little while but I will get to all of them I promise.

· Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm pretty sure my car was built before 8/23. VIN# 1C3CDFBH3DD135323 ...The mopar owner site says no recalls. Any double check would be appreciated. Thanks.
You are clean. Your build date is August 25, 2012

· Registered
3 Posts
Bad news for Dart owners.
This repair requires the engine/trans to be DROPPED. The component has a bolt that comes from the right side of the transmission that cannot be accessed directly.
Now we fear for the integrity of the entire system. A new car should not have the entire powertrain gutted 6 days in.
We purchased a Dart on the first Sat. of November. Six days later, last Friday, there was a puddle of transmission fluid and "Gears not Available" error.
I have it towed to the dealership. Estimated "all things go well" done by Tuesday.
No mention of recall.
No phone calls telling us the part was not properly ordered or shipped from 50 miles away.
My wife calls and is told the part is not shipped. My wife ask "why didn't you call me to tell me this?" She calls him out on poor customer service. Angry service writer retorts to my wife, who also was a service writer in a garage.
Several conversations with an awesome service manager and things are smoothed out.
They did provide a rental car (rare nowadays).
We called Dodge cust. service and they mentioned a TSB for earlier produced dart models. This is last night. No mention of recall by the dealership.
We love this car and the tech in it. It handles great and amazing mileage. We literally just broke it in and had not even driven her quickly.

· Registered
1,617 Posts
This repair requires the engine/trans to be DROPPED. The component has a bolt that comes from the right side of the transmission that cannot be accessed directly.
Now we fear for the integrity of the entire system. A new car should not have the entire powertrain gutted 6 days in.
We purchased a Dart on the first Sat. of November. Six days later, last Friday, there was a puddle of transmission fluid and "Gears not Available" error.
I have it towed to the dealership. Estimated "all things go well" done by Tuesday.
No mention of recall.
No phone calls telling us the part was not properly ordered or shipped from 50 miles away.
My wife calls and is told the part is not shipped. My wife ask "why didn't you call me to tell me this?" She calls him out on poor customer service. Angry service writer retorts to my wife, who also was a service writer in a garage.
Several conversations with an awesome service manager and things are smoothed out.
We called Dodge cust. service and they mentioned a TSB for earlier produced dart models. This is last night. No mention of recall by the dealership.
We love this car and the tech in it. It handles great and amazing mileage. We literally just broke it in and had not even driven her quickly.
Why is it bad news for Dart owners? Its not like you personally have to drop the engine cradle and replace it yourself. Its a brand new car, there are going to be issues. Dodge is fixing it in a timely manner and even providing a loaner car. The issues you seem to have stem from the dealership not Dodge. Not to mention the slave cylinder is probably sourced from an outside vendor.

· Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No mention of recall.
If they pulled the engine out of your car to replace the slave cylinder they are doing it all wrong. Whole job only pays 4.7 hours. All they have to do is drop the trans out of it and support the engine with the engine cradle.

· Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A loaner car is like the 2nd or 3rd line in the recall.

This is a rare line in a Chrysler announcement
"Dealers should attempt to minimize customer inconvenience by placing the owner in a loaner vehicle if inspection determines that the slave cylinder must be replaced and the vehicle must be held overnight."

· Registered
55 Posts
Took mine in today for an oil change, some trim fixes, fuel guage, and this recall. Good news is I got the oil change. Everything else is scheduled a couple of weeks out so they can get the slave cylinder to drop the trans. Any news on the bcm update for the fuel gauge?

· Registered
3 Posts
If they pulled the engine out of your car to replace the slave cylinder they are doing it all wrong. Whole job only pays 4.7 hours. All they have to do is drop the trans out of it and support the engine with the engine cradle.
I hope you are correct. I read the 5 hour labor est. on the recall letter.
Are you a tech in a dealership or for corp? I definitely want to confirm that fact. Our car has been out of service for a week now.
Thanks
:)

BAD COMMUNICATION FROM SERVICE. YOU ARE CORRECT. :) READY IN MORNING.

· Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am the Service Director at our dealership. 20+ years in the business. The parts are not avaliable for these recalls from the last message I got but they want the cars down in shop due to the fact that you loss pedal and have nothing if it fails.

Thus the loaner car stipulation. Note I saw said 5 - 7 days for parts. Of course Chyrsler Corp is closed for a holiday today and are off next Thurs and Friday so we will see how quickly they get out.

· Registered
561 Posts
I am the Service Director at our dealership. 20+ years in the business. The parts are not avaliable for these recalls from the last message I got but they want the cars down in shop due to the fact that you loss pedal and have nothing if it fails.

Thus the loaner car stipulation. Note I saw said 5 - 7 days for parts. Of course Chyrsler Corp is closed for a holiday today and are off next Thurs and Friday so we will see how quickly they get out.
Are you saying that we shouldn't be driving them with the car needing the slave cylinder recall? And that dodge should keep our car in the shop and give us a loaner car?
My service guy told us to drive it.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.