Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is that infront of the battry with the red plug i bought a dart an this is cut out of it.

Hood Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive design

·
Super Moderator
4,984 Posts
Smart Drive Unit. It drives the hydraulic pump for the DDCT.
Product Font Rectangle Engineering Parallel
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Circle
Water Rectangle Slope Font Parallel

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Smart Drive Unit. It drives the hydraulic pump for the DDCT.
So I'm no mechanic but it applies to a standard also right? Just making sure because i got cut wires right there and I don't know what's going on in the car. It's actually my first car i ever owned. Just got it so trying to figure out the problems with it now, and how bad is this for the car because it runs and drives.

·
Super Moderator
4,984 Posts
If you have a manual transmission, you do not need a SDU. The DDCT is an automatic. Someone has done a transmission swap. Good that it's a manual now because the DDCT is the worst automatic transmission possible in a Dart. You probably have all kinds of codes and messages on the cluster if the swap was done without the electronics. Get a scan and post the codes so we can figure out if any of it is a problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have a manual transmission, you do not need a SDU. The DDCT is an automatic. Someone has done a transmission swap. Good that it's a manual now because the DDCT is the worst automatic transmission possible in a Dart. You probably have all kinds of codes and messages on the cluster if the swap was done without the electronics. Get a scan and post the codes so we can figure out if any of it is a problem.
what if the car was already standard an they put a auto engine harness in ? n cut them wires off?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what if the car was already standard an they put a auto engine harness in ? n cut them wires off?
somthing tells me that the car had a fire in engine an thats why they swapped harnesses for it an stuff because my o2 sensor plugs burnt an my headlight plastic in the back was melted a bit from the outside so im like hmm it does have a rebuilt title but it says repairs to passanger door an fender XD nothing about engine work

·
Super Moderator
4,984 Posts
Get a build sheet done using your VIN to see what options your Dart had from the factory.

People with a DDCT often ask if they can swap in a manual transmission. Let us know what you find. I'm curious if it's even possible considering how all the modules are married to each other by VIN.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Get a build sheet done using your VIN to see what options your Dart had from the factory.

People with a DDCT often ask if they can swap in a manual transmission. Let us know what you find. I'm curious if it's even possible considering how all the modules are married to each other by VIN.
Turns out it was a standard so they must have switched the harness in the car then to even have the wires and my battery box must have come out of a auto too because the mounting spot for the DDCT thing is there.So now just to get my O2 sensors working and I should be OK because everything else seems to work fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Turns out it was a standard so they must have switched the harness in the car then to even have the wires and my battery box must have come out of a auto too because the mounting spot for the DDCT thing is there.So now just to get my O2 sensors working and I should be OK because everything else seems to work fine.
Do you know where my upper O2 sensors plug in at? I can't find the plugin for the computer.

·
Super Moderator
4,984 Posts
The upstream O2 sensor connector is #1 in this pic (downstream is #2)
White Product Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

The PCM connectors
Motor vehicle Vertebrate Automotive lighting Product Automotive design

If you are asking where to connect a scanner. the DLC connector is just under the left side of the panel below the steering wheel. I don't have a good pic for a Dart but it's the same location for just about any car. Here is the DLC for a Neon.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Motor vehicle

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
looking if the 2 o2 sensor plugs and the plug for the transmission are all in the same brake off point of the harness for a 6speed 1.4l

·
Super Moderator
4,984 Posts
If you are trying to identify connectors, use the Mopar connector site:
Wire colors and pinouts should help.

·
Super Moderator
4,984 Posts
When you figure out what wiring is missing and find that you need to splice wires, there is a correct way. Solder and adhesive lined heat shrink tubing over the splice is the only way the splices will last with engine vibration and heat. Here are a couple links:
Electrical Connector "how to" - neons.org

·
Registered
6 Posts
The upstream O2 sensor connector is #1 in this pic (downstream is #2) View attachment 128230

The PCM connectors
View attachment 128231

If you are asking where to connect a scanner. the DLC connector is just under the left side of the panel below the steering wheel. I don't have a good pic for a Dart but it's the same location for just about any car. Here is the DLC for a Neon. View attachment 128232
its in same/similar position.. out of sight though.. this is 2014 dodge dart sxt with 2 4L Tigershark

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Automotive design Gas

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okaii so it was them plugs cut out so I got them replaced and thats seemed to work now I got the code po299 so I think I got to replace my boost silonoid now but beside that everything seems to be working just it kinda jolts in second gear to gain power so that's what I read is to replace that

1 - 15 of 15 Posts