Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have just bought this 2013 dart at a used car dealer without knowing the racetrack lights are fading out. How much to replace or is this a simple fix. I heard it's like 500+ at dealer for a new one

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
New ones are discontinued. If you do find one new somehow, it is extremely easy to replace. Don't bother paying a dealer, do it yourself!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New ones are discontinued. If you do find one new somehow, it is extremely easy to replace. Don't bother paying a dealer, do it yourself!

So the dealer wont give me a new one at all? On mopars websitr it says they will sell me one for new. I would do it myself but I dont even have time to change the coolant on it.. I just want it done by a dealership.

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
You do know how to unscrew a few nuts? If not, you should take your checkbook or credit card and pay whatever they want. Why ask here?

·
Registered
146 Posts
So the dealer wont give me a new one at all? On mopars websitr it says they will sell me one for new. I would do it myself but I dont even have time to change the coolant on it.. I just want it done by a dealership.
Its going to cost you alot if you want the dealership to do it. Current MSRP for the racetrack light assembly is $604-635 ( There are two part numbers. One with the trunk release, and one without). Expect at least an hour labour which will run $100 or more. So you'll be looking at around $750 before tax for the dealership to do it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I will say that it is harder to get the old one off that just undoing a few nuts. Mine was a pain to get to pop out. Due to the dealer offering to cover the repair to warranty with water seeping in thru the trunk release, i ended up letting them do the repair. I only took it off to trace where the water was coming in from

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
The 2013 Dodge Dart optional LED "Racetrack" Taillamp panel (sales code "LBQ") is very easy to install ... Took me about 30 minutes (from start to finish) ... most of which was spent carefully removing the black "Christmas Tree™ Clips" that hold the trunk liner panel in place ... My 8mm deep socket came in handy ... It was very much a DIY job ... and definitely "Plug-N-Play"!

Here's the Installation Instructions for the MOPAR part # 82213354 "Light Bar" (sometimes called "Turn Signals" :rolleyes:):

Reactions: Oldarter#63

·
Registered
150 Posts
I paid 250 dollars brand new back in 2014. Installed it myself and it took me less than 20 minutes. Don't be lazy and learn how to do things yourself.

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
I checked a couple months ago for someone and it said discontinued.
Checked today and they are still available but crazy expensive. Part numbers: 68164500AE 82213354

68164500AE - Electrical: RACETRACK LAMP ASSEMBLY for Dodge: Dart Image68164500AE - Electrical: RACETRACK LAMP ASSEMBLY for Dodge: Dart Image Placeholder
RACETRACK LAMP ASSEMBLY
Part Number: 68164500AE
Browse more in Electrical - Lamps-Interior and Exterior
Positions: Rear
Other Names: Deck Lid Applique, Applique-Deck Lid
Replaces: 68164500AB, 68164500AC, 68164500AD
MSRP $635.00
$419.10

This part number is the racetrack light even though it says turn signal.
82213354 - Packages: Turn Signal for Dodge: Dart Image82213354 - Packages: Turn Signal for Dodge: Dart Image Placeholder
Turn Signal
Part Number: 82213354
Browse more in Packages - Lighting
Other Names: Ar Kit-Deck Lid
Description: Update the look of your vehicle from behind with this race track light bar.
MSRP $398.00
$327.80

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Seriously?!? The last Dart rolled off the assembly line only five years ago, and already they're phasing out all the repair parts???

So much for the old story that car manufacturers keep parts available for at least ten years.
That was never a requirement, and from what I've read, it's an issue across the automotive industry, where discontinued models are basically left high and dry. With Darts, by 2014-2015 it was impossible to get a replacement for a 2013 Dart cloth seat, because the material they used that year was 100% unique to just that model year (it was sort of denim-like). Several other parts were altered for the 2014 model year that made it impossible to get an exact replacement. Even for parts that didn't change and weren't actually discontinued, like the DDCT, there were times when the backorders were on the order of 6 months, because FCA just didn't stock the parts in North America and had them made to order from Italy as needed.

·
Registered
255 Posts
A lot of Mopar sites will list the part, and the price, but when contacted they say the part is no longer available.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts