Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. My car is currently at the shop and when doing an alignment on the back they broke a cam bolt. Got a new one in, but they can't get it out. They couldn't find a back lower rearward bushing to replace it and press the old one out and the new one in. Does anyone have any other solutions? I saw some one mention the part #MS254100 but that one is only for the front and won't work. Their solution is to buy a whole new control arm, but dodge doesn't make the rear control arms anymore; so they have to find me a used one for around $688. Please help this is super frustrating!

·
Administrator
6,121 Posts
If you have a self serve junkyard near you, you could pull one for probably less than $50. $688 is ridiculous.

·
Administrator
6,121 Posts
All Darts are the same in the rear suspension.

·
Administrator
6,121 Posts
A newer Dart shouldn't have a problem getting it out intact.
You will need external Torx sockets and a small floor jack to carefully remove the spring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah $688 is gonna suck to pay if needed. I've talked to a couple of junk yards and they wont let me pull out the bushing on the control arm. Want me to buy the whole thing.... bummer.

·
Administrator
6,121 Posts
From your IP, you are in Colorado. There are several you pull junkyards in the Denver area. I've been there. Much cheaper if you pull it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey all. My car is currently at the shop and when doing an alignment on the back they broke a cam bolt. Got a new one in, but they can't get it out. They couldn't find a back lower rearward bushing to replace it and press the old one out and the new one in. Does anyone have any other solutions? I saw some one mention the part #MS254100 but that one is only for the front and won't work. Their solution is to buy a whole new control arm, but dodge doesn't make the rear control arms anymore; so they have to find me a used one for around $688. Please help this is super frustrating!

·
Registered
5 Posts

1 - 14 of 14 Posts