Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
Totally would kick ass.. but it is, alas an impossibility (without major modifications and pissing off the government- lol)

·
Registered
167 Posts
If there is a will, there is a way. It will be done!!!! How sweet would the dart look with a blower coming out the top of the hood. Lets do this!!!

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
I now know why the car starts choking over 5500 RPMs. That turbine blade is tiny! Hell it appears the wastegate is bigger than the turbine!

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
Or.... maybe it starts choking at 5,500 RPM's..... because it redlines around 6,000 anyway?
I don't know where you redline is at on your cluster, but the rev limit on mine is 6500. That 1000RPM can be a big deal in a race, especially when the engine spends most of its time in the higher revs when racing....

·
Registered
109 Posts
I now know why the car starts choking over 5500 RPMs. That turbine blade is tiny! Hell it appears the wastegate is bigger than the turbine!
It is tiny I agree but I gotta say after putting injen intake, intercooler piping and the tork ported TB, all that choking after 5500rpm is gone, nice and smooth right to redline now

·
Banned
8,648 Posts
That may be but a small turbo can only spin so fast before it starts blowing just hot air. Our turbos must lose power at higher rpm. The VW I have had for 10 years is living proof but it's harder to tell when you are driving another small turbo engine that has approx. 80 less hp.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I don't know where you redline is at on your cluster, but the rev limit on mine is 6500. That 1000RPM can be a big deal in a race, especially when the engine spends most of its time in the higher revs when racing....
Well.... we know that it's not easy to feel the power from the turbo til you hit about the 2,500 RPM mark... and can REALLY feel it when you get close to 3,000 RPM's... and probably starts to die off not too long after that (probably around 4,000-4,500). So, i'm pretty sure staying THAT close to redline would probably only hinder racing more than it would help it.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Nice Pics! I wish I knew what half the stuff was on the engine because I could re-capture them and do some call-outs to explain to other n00bs like myself

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Now i really see why a turbo kit is imperative for power upgrades... lol that thing is obviously meant for economy... Oi... Hurry up @TorkMe we need that turbo kit faster than we anticipated!

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
Well.... we know that it's not easy to feel the power from the turbo til you hit about the 2,500 RPM mark... and can REALLY feel it when you get close to 3,000 RPM's... and probably starts to die off not too long after that (probably around 4,000-4,500). So, i'm pretty sure staying THAT close to redline would probably only hinder racing more than it would help it.
That's the point I was trying to make. The car still pulls well up to 5500 (at least line does with my mods), anything after that and you might as well shift to stay in the powerband that this tiny Turbo makes.

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Now i really see why a turbo kit is imperative for power upgrades... lol that thing is obviously meant for economy... Oi... Hurry up @TorkMe we need that turbo kit faster than we anticipated!
Tuning is the only thing we are waiting on. When we have that figured out, we will be tuning the big turbo kit on the factory PCM. We are getting very close.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I don't really understand why people spend so much money on trying to make these cars fast... they werent designed for it... and it would be much easier to just buy a fast car.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts