247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Current mods -
phase 2 tune
Intercooler piping - hpsi
Ram air - hpsi
Alfa 4c coilpacks
CAI - hpsi

What would be the next best mods for this tune with current mods. Is there a direct fit intercooler that you can even attach the eurocompulsion piping to, as they recommend intercooler upgrade? Also dv+ or the forge blow off valve?
Thanks

·
Registered
605 Posts
You can get a DV+ and still use a BoV.
There are a few intercoolers out there that should work with EC's tubes. Especially being silicone they can be slightly manipulated it need be. It's a ways off for me, but I'm looking at NeedsWings IC.

Also you should pick up the lightweight underdrive pulley.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Only looking for performace so if the bov is actually only sound im going to get the dv+ only. As for the pulley rrm or mpx? Which has best performance for 1.4t?

You can get a DV+ and still use a BoV.
There are a few intercoolers out there that should work with EC's tubes. Especially being silicone they can be slightly manipulated it need be. It's a ways off for me, but I'm looking at NeedsWings IC.

Also you should pick up the lightweight underdrive pulley.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Thanks. Only looking for performace so if the bov is actually only sound im going to get the dv+ only. As for the pulley rrm or mpx? Which has best performance for 1.4t?

MPx's is 1.8 lbs vs RRM's 1.67lbs

However, MPx's is 45 dollars cheaper. IMO .13 lbs is not worth 45 bucks.

Edit: And if you're looking for performance, you could take that saved 45 bucks and put it towards Deyeme's rear engine/transmount

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What performance would i gain from the engine mount, also is the weight the only performance difference between the two?

MPx's is 1.8 lbs vs RRM's 1.67lbs

However, MPx's is 45 dollars cheaper. IMO .13 lbs is not worth 45 bucks.

Edit: And if you're looking for performance, you could take that saved 45 bucks and put it towards Deyeme's rear engine/transmount

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
I have HPSI pipes on a universal big FMIC. All you need are reducer couplers and an extra foot of 2.25" piping to cut-to-fit. I wouldn't bother spending any money on a direct fit IC for the dart as I don't believe any of them are compatible with HPSI's 2.25" piping size.

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
What performance would i gain from the engine mount, also is the weight the only performance difference between the two?
The performance youll see from the rear engine mount is the ability for the motor to transfer more power from the transmission to the wheels due to the mount hold in the engine and transmission in place better. The stock rear engine mount is made out of a very pliable rubber and is designed for comfort and to prevent vibration through the car.

As for the pulley, the weight is not the only difference. The size of the pulley is different as well... the MPx one is smaller than the stock one and the RRM one matches the stock one in size. The RRM one is also built out of a different material than the MPx one and is IMO way more visually appealing. That being said, it does sit on the side of the engine so you really wont see it. There is some "argument" about whether the MPx pulley being smaller or "underdriven" can cause issues with the alternator or A/C system running correctly, but as of now, I dont think anyone has come forward saying they have had any issues.

Reactions: longtimemopar

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you have to fabricate a way to mount it differently that stock intercooler aswell as the couplers and extra piping? Whered you get couplers and piping from aswell?

I have HPSI pipes on a universal big FMIC. All you need are reducer couplers and an extra foot of 2.25" piping to cut-to-fit. I wouldn't bother spending any money on a direct fit IC for the dart as I don't believe any of them are compatible with HPSI's 2.25" piping size.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting, well appearance doesn't matter to me. Which would gain me extra performance? Is the smaller diameter worth the risk of possible a/c / alternator issues even though know one has experienced it? Not sure on differences between pulleys that underdriven or not.
The performance youll see from the rear engine mount is the ability for the motor to transfer more power from the transmission to the wheels due to the mount hold in the engine and transmission in place better. The stock rear engine mount is made out of a very pliable rubber and is designed for comfort and to prevent vibration through the car.

As for the pulley, the weight is not the only difference. The size of the pulley is different as well... the MPx one is smaller than the stock one and the RRM one matches the stock one in size. The RRM one is also built out of a different material than the MPx one and is IMO way more visually appealing. That being said, it does sit on the side of the engine so you really wont see it. There is some "argument" about whether the MPx pulley being smaller or "underdriven" can cause issues with the alternator or A/C system running correctly, but as of now, I dont think anyone has come forward saying they have had any issues.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
Did you have to fabricate a way to mount it differently that stock intercooler aswell as the couplers and extra piping? Whered you get couplers and piping from aswell?
Yes, you'll need to get some extra brackets to mount the intercooler. There's several ways to mount one to the Dart's front end. This car is very easy to fit a universal intercooler on. Just use your imagination when you take the front bumper off. The couplers and piping can be had on ebay for cheap, same goes for the intercooler. You simply need the intercooler, some universal brackets, a couple of 90 degree reducer couplers (2.5"-2.25") and a foot of straight 2.25" piping to cut-to-fit.

Do some research on here in regards to the size of intercooler needed. There's a few options out there that will work.

·
Registered
605 Posts
NeedsWings claims theirs mounts in the same location, via an email
"It mounts in the same location as the factory IC

Thanks, Rob
NeedsWings.com"

Also, I haven't measured it myself but according to an email from EC
"Our Intercooler lines for the inlet and outlet are 2.5". These lines enter from the sides.

All the best- Chris"

In regards to the MPx pulley, I've had their pulley installed since Nov of 16, and have put 9000 miles on my car since then with zero issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts