Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did another oil change, while i was at walmart i saw 0-20 HM oil, and was wondering if there is any truth to switching to a HM oil, having 87K miles now. I have always been told that shit is snake oil, but for once (at least what i have seen) it was the same price.

Would yall run it, would it help with consumption as it claims, what does it do, or is it snake oil?

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
I just did another oil change, while i was at walmart i saw 0-20 HM oil, and was wondering if there is any truth to switching to a HM oil, having 87K miles now. I have always been told that shit is snake oil, but for once (at least what i have seen) it was the same price.

Would yall run it, would it help with consumption as it claims, what does it do, or is it snake oil?
I doubt if the consumption would change since it's still 0-20. But I do wonder if a thicker oil would help at all.......

·
Registered
7 Posts

High mileage oils do have additives that help restore seals and other things commonly found in older engines.

(personally, I am not a fan of Penzoil) they had a bad rep for building engine gunk because of the additive that they used, way back when, even when the oil was changed on a regular basis.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts