Dodge Dart Forum banner

Passenger side sun visor broke

62K views 104 replies 69 participants last post by  alpinegreenneon 
#1 ·
So I had the passenger side visor flipped down and was unclipping it to hold the sun shade in place and the next thing I know the other end falls down and is dangling from the wires. I have an appointment to get it replaced and wrapped it with duck tape to wedge it in the mean time. Anyone else have this happen or have a part number for the visor.

#3 ·
The first time I flipped mine down it fell out, I had 30 miles on the car, I didn't duct tape it though... I went in the next day and they fixed it in like 15 min. and the idiot manager made a really rude comment like it was my fault :(

#7 ·
If you have to have a sun visor replaced make sure you check to make sure the interior lights work afterwards. Mine blew a fuse afterwards. It was amazing how fast the dealer took it to a service bay when I brought it back. They did an RRT to update the BCM at the same time that caused some programming changes that I will need to get changed back in the future.

#96 ·
It just happened to mine last year and held tight for a few months with some super glue. That finally dried up and it dropped down again. I looked up online for the visor from AM Autoparts and they want $85!! yikes!

#13 ·
I had something similar with mine. Not the visor, but the multi-piece plastic clip. I don't know how they could get something so simple so right for half a century, then screw it up on a car with electric power steering and damn computer screen in the dashboard. Makes no sense. What happened was the plastic that goes OVER the actual plastic clip snapped in half. I don't even know how it could have happened, since you can't really impact it in such a way as to break it (without breaking the part that actually snaps around the rod). Unfortunately, we're already out of our 3/36 warranty, so I'll just have to buy a new one and put it on.

#16 · (Edited)
I'm next on the list !! mine broke off also ...... another poor slob with a long laundry lost of defects we keep finding and going back to the dealership[p to have fixed or in my case trying to get fixed. Un-Friggin-Believable !! . Deyeme Racing above said it best: "I don't know how they (Dodge < and I blame the folks at Mopar) could get something so simple so right for half a century, then screw it up on a car with electric power steering and damn computer screen in the dashboard. Makes no sense." I couldn't agree more. Take 5 steps forward and 10 steps back.

Cable Technology Electronic device

#17 ·
The Dart isn't the only one with stupid little problems like this. While under warranty, BOTH of the plastic covers for the mirrors built into the visors broke off in my '09 Challenger R/T. A $30,000 car, and to have things like this happen was really disappointing. The cruise control switch also had the back cover pop off one day. Fixed under warranty, fortunately.

The stuff that's gone wrong with both my Challenger and Dart have all been things that just shouldn't need to go wrong- a gas door that freezes shut, visor clips that break, visor mirror covers that fall off... just really, really dumb stuff. Sadly, I think it's because so much of the engineering focus goes into the technocrap, and not enough into the stuff that makes an automobile an automobile.

#18 ·
Had a same issue with my passenger sun visor. My wife was adjusting when i snapped. She was surprised as was I. I thought that Dodge would've made stronger parts throughout the whole car. Well I just ordered a new visor from ebay and had it installed. Hopefully this one last longer than the original.

#23 ·
Personally, I've never seen a visor that was built very well and made to take unmindful blunt tugs and pushes. On any car, I'm saying. I can see where mine would be ripped right out of the roof (the holding clip assembly that is) because there is movement when you pull or push. So, knowing this, I grasp with one hand (the catch) and pull / push with the other. The freezing gas cap is another thing I can't see complaining about. It's a friggin' gas cover. At least it has a remote release unlike most others these days. Little things don't amount to crap down the road. Engineering where it really counts is most important. Like the drivetrain and suspension. Love both on mine!!!!!!

#24 · (Edited)
I have a theory on why only the passenger's side visors are breaking. I've watched my wife when she works the heater controls, opens the center console or tries to move the visor. She's very heavy-handed and pulls and tugs on everything she touches rather violently. She's already broken the center console latch on my Jeep from slamming it shut repeatedly. Maybe Dart owners are careful with their vehicles while passengers seem to act like they're being paid to torture-test every car they get in.

#27 ·
My passenger sun visor broke last Friday (6-27-14). Just using it as normal.

So many things wrong (or have gone wrong) with my car. Here is a list of everything that I can think of right now that is or has gone wrong with my car (in no particular order):

1) Gas cap freezes easily and often in winter.
2) Gas pedal delay.
3) Horn delay.
4) Ignition delay.
5) Engine shut-off delay.
6) Console USB port randomly quits working.
7) Console 12V charger port randomly quits working.
8) 8.4" screen randomly shuts down and reboots.
9) 8.4" screen randomly doesn't come on.
10) Front suspension rattles.
11) Steering wheel buttons randomly don't function.
12) Malfunction indicator lamp has come on twice - Cylinder 2 misfire.
13) Navigation maps were out-of-date when I bought the car.
14) Defogger didn't work.
15) Water in cabin blower fan (after car wash).
16) Clutch randomly doesn't work properly.
17) Volume controls (dial, steering wheel, 8.4" screen) randomly don't work (shut off car and restart fixes this).
18) Passenger sun visor broke.

#28 ·
My passenger side visor also snapped off when my girlfriend tried to swivel it to the right. The dome lights and red accent lighting stopped working shortly after that. I've taken from Fozzwad's list the things that are also wrong with my ride:

1) Gas pedal delay.
2) Horn delay.
3) 8.4" screen randomly shuts down and reboots.
4) Front suspension rattles.
5) Steering wheel buttons randomly don't function.
6) Defogger didn't work.
7) Volume controls (dial, steering wheel, 8.4" screen) randomly don't work (shut off car and restart fixes this).
8) Passenger sun visor broke.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.