Dodge Dart Forum banner
81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I joined the broken passenger sun visor club today. I didn't realize how strong the spring that holds the visor closed was until I removed it. That might be part of the reason they break.

Unlike others, I must have used the visor a thousand times or more. I always keep a sun shield behind the windshield of my Dart, held in place by the visors.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Mine just broke for the second time......can I get a 2015 or 16 visor? do they mount the same? are all the visors that are breaking black, or are beige and gray breaking also?

·
Registered
6 Posts
So this is a "normal" thing to happen? I bought mine almost 2 weeks ago and 5 minutes after driving off, my friend went to open the passenger visor and it fell out. I figured it was something that could be easily overlooked by the dealer. It's fallen down a couple of other times, and I've just jammed it back up there. Hasn't fallen in a week.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is there a part number for this? I'm assuming "right" means passenger side and need the illuminated one. I've also seen tan, grey and black. Is grey and black the same charcoal color? My dealer wants $85 for it and the few body shops I found online for the parts haven't emailed/called back.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I joined the broken passenger sun visor club today. I didn't realize how strong the spring that holds the visor closed was until I removed it. That might be part of the reason they break.

Unlike others, I must have used the visor a thousand times or more. I always keep a sun shield behind the windshield of my Dart, held in place by the visors.
Count me in too! Use a sun screen almost every day, usually several times each day.

Today.. boom it comes down. And yes it does seem that the pivot is a little stiff!! Now almost a year out of warranty . . . .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Man i didn't know this was so common. Mine broke a couple days after i got it (passenger side) dealer fixed it for free. I just hope it doesn't happen again. I get nervous whenever somebody uses it now.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
*BUMP* and how hard is this to install

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
How much does the dealer usually charge for said part? Did anyone buy recently from the dealer?

·
Super Moderator
5,811 Posts
How much does the dealer usually charge for said part? Did anyone buy recently from the dealer?
I contacted a new dealership today about various recall and warranty work and brought this up to them. I will update the community with said information once I receive it accordingly.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
schweet...until then..I may bond that bitch back in place..

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
It is really easy to replace yourself. Remove the rubber (I think) covering the one screw holding it up and it comes out pretty easily. Reverse the process and Bob's your uncle*.

*Old fart term for everything is all right.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
This happened to mine too; I could jam it back in for a while; now it just hangs looking sad.
It just happened to mine last year and held tight for a few months with some super glue. That finally dried up and it dropped down again. I looked up online for the visor from AM Autoparts and they want $85!! yikes!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Any update regarding if this will be recognized as a recall issue?

81 - 100 of 105 Posts