Dodge Dart Forum banner
61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Guys, if the dealer won't fix it for free, thumb your nose at them and hit up supporting vendor AllMoparParts.com . They'll get you a replacement visor, and installation is easy and takes just minutes (especially when you see the new one so you know how to get to the screws).
Is this really that easy or should I save myself a hassle and pay 200? My wife broke mine about a month ago. It was just hanging there so I cut the wire. I love my car but my lord what a stupid thing to have break...

·
Registered
981 Posts
Is this really that easy or should I save myself a hassle and pay 200? My wife broke mine about a month ago. It was just hanging there so I cut the wire. I love my car but my lord what a stupid thing to have break...
Took me 5 minutes. Super easy and you will be passed to see how cheap it looks once u pull the old one all the way off. Makes you cautious every time you use em after fixing it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
add me to the list . . . if it matters for those keeping track, I have a limited with black interior/vanity light on passenger visor

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow, I figured this would have been a freak issue when it happened to me, guess not. Although, I may have most of you beat on how it broke. The car sat in my driveway (everything fine) for a few days and the next time I jumped in, there was the passenger side visor just hanging there by the wires. It's rarely been touched. Guess I'll try my luck with the dealership next week, still under warranty at least.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Wow, I figured this would have been a freak issue when it happened to me, guess not. Although, I may have most of you beat on how it broke. The car sat in my driveway (everything fine) for a few days and the next time I jumped in, there was the passenger side visor just hanging there by the wires. It's rarely been touched. Guess I'll try my luck with the dealership next week, still under warranty at least.
This happened with mine. It was a leftover 2013 I bought in May of 2014. Hadn't been driven in months and my saleswoman went out to prep it for my test drive (she knew I was coming the next day), the visor was just hanging there. Thankfully it was fixed before I got there.

Props to her for disclosing that fact.

·
Registered
402 Posts
'13 Dart Rallye. Mine broke within a week of buying it! I called a local dealer and when they asked me for my vin# they came back with when can you come in? We have one in stock and will be replaced at no cost plus you have 3 updates. Apparently there was a recall for this part in late '13. At least that's what I was told.

·
Registered
18 Posts
add me to the list . . . if it matters for those keeping track, I have a limited with black interior/vanity light on passenger visor

I also have a Dodge Dart Limited with Black interior/ vanity light passenger visor. It just broke a few nights ago. now it's just dangling there by it's electrical. :( I'll call the dealership

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also have a Dodge Dart Limited with Black interior/ vanity light passenger visor. It just broke a few nights ago. now it's just dangling there by it's electrical. :( I'll call the dealership
Sorry for multiple posts. But does anyone has instructions on rewiring a new sun visor? If my dealership wants too much $ i'll do it myself.

I called my dealership and they sent me to service dept. which sent me to parts, then sent me to to customer service, which sent me to the service dept. again. I just hung up... I'll just drive over there during my break and pester them :D

·
Registered
848 Posts
Sorry for multiple posts. But does anyone has instructions on rewiring a new sun visor? If my dealership wants too much $ i'll do it myself.

I called my dealership and they sent me to service dept. which sent me to parts, then sent me to to customer service, which sent me to the service dept. again. I just hung up... I'll just drive over there during my break and pester them :D
Unless the wire broke, it should have a plug to disconnect you may have to pull the wires a bit further out to get to the plug. When mine broke one of the service writers just went out and swapped it for me, so I know it has to just unplug.

I predict your next broken trim piece will be the slider on the passenger side AC vent next to the door. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine broke 1 week after the warranty expired. Sound like the Chrysler needs to issue a recall. This is a fairly common problem.

·
Super Moderator
4,841 Posts
Mine broke 1 week after the warranty expired. Sound like the Chrysler needs to issue a recall. This is a fairly common problem.
1 week after the warranty expired and they didn't honor it or you didn't bother? There is a thing called good will that the dealers do. Sometimes if you are just right over the warranty they will replace it for you. This happened with my rotor. 12,100 miles and the wear and tear warranty is 12000

·
Registered
497 Posts
mines broke too. i just glued it and now i leave it down all the time.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Mine broke monday morning, I called the dealership, I have 40,800 miles, they said to bring it in on friday, that it is covered. Wee shall see!

·
Registered
645 Posts
The recall program, through NHTSA, as far as I am aware, is only for safety related issues. FCA could do a voluntary recall, I guess....IF they fix mine for free, as they have others it sounds like they are already are. My attitude may change if they try to charge me for the fix......two part epoxy will fix it for about $6.00.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Went to the dealership cause on the phone they told the visor was covered by warranty...... Yeah right. At the dealership the guy said not true. The visor, they want $85.00, then $120.00 labor. I stopped at Autozone, JB Weld, $6.97. FIXED��

Reactions: pkgmsu2000
61 - 80 of 105 Posts