Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’m a complete newbie when it comes to cars and there’s not a lot of content for me for my issue. if there is, I’m not seeing it lol

My 2015Dart says there’s a park light out. My rear right taillight is out when I’m driving. Brake lights are working fine. My blinker works. The hazards are working fine as well. The dash is kinda dim so I’m thinking it’s a battery issue?

I have no idea where to start. Does anyone have some advice on what do to/how to go about fixing this? I haven’t made any modifications. I did buy a pack of Sylvania 7440 Mini bulbs that I’m assuming are for the brake lights but that didn’t fix the issue.

·
Super Moderator
3,657 Posts
The rear tails are led. Check wiring. Different wires for different functions

·
Super Moderator
3,657 Posts
The hinge area of the trunk can have wiring problems. Try wiggling that area of the harness with the lights on. If it blinks, there is possibly a broken wire under the insulation. You would then need to unwrap the harness covering and find and repair the defect. If that is beyond your ability to repair wiring, at least point a mechanic to that area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The hinge area of the trunk can have wiring problems. Try wiggling that area of the harness with the lights on. If it blinks, there is possibly a broken wire under the insulation. You would then need to unwrap the harness covering and find and repair the defect. If that is beyond your ability to repair wiring, at least point a mechanic to that area.
I’ll give that a shot and see what can come out of it. I’ll post tomorrow on the results. Would there be any other items I can potentially look into if this does not resolve the problem?

·
Super Moderator
3,657 Posts
If the other functions work, the leds work. Look at the schematic, each wire function is labeled. It's the wire or the BCM internal circuit controlling the wire.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the other functions work, the leds work. Look at the schematic, each wire function is labeled. It's the wire or the BCM internal circuit controlling the wire.
Tried checking the wiring while the lights were on and they didn’t flicker at all while I tried wiggling them. Which fuse would it be on the BCM that needs to be replaced?

·
Super Moderator
3,657 Posts
There is no fuse for the park light function of the tail lamp, it's a board soldered relay and all functions are controlled by it. The stop lamp is F26 on the under dash fuse panel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is no fuse for the park light function of the tail lamp, it's a board soldered relay and all functions are controlled by it. The stop lamp is F26 on the under dash fuse panel.
okay I’ll give that a look see, is it pretty simple to remove/replace the fuse? I checked online and it looks similar to a clip. I think the one I need is a tan 5 amp?

·
Super Moderator
3,657 Posts
okay I’ll give that a look see, is it pretty simple to remove/replace the fuse? I checked online and it looks similar to a clip. I think the one I need is a tan 5 amp?
You said the stop lamp function works, so leave that fuse alone. You have a problem with one wire or the BCM. Get a multimeter and watch some you tube videos about how to use it. This isn't a fuse problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You said the stop lamp function works, so leave that fuse alone. You have a problem with one wire or the BCM. Get a multimeter and watch some you tube videos about how to use it. This isn't a fuse problem.
Do you have any updates on this? I have the exactly same issue, that is driving me crazy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you have any updates on this? I have the exactly same issue, that is driving me crazy!
went to a few mechanics and they all said different things but the most consistent answer was the entire assembly will need to be switched out completely. You can find some some pretty cheap sold on eBay. Most tail light assemblies I’ve seen fit 2013-2016. be sure to check the condition before purchasing, some have cracks on that may cause issues I’ve read. Usually about 60-80 bucks. Took a couple minutes to switch out.
Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts