Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys first time poster here, I’ve had my dart since 2014 and haven’t had any problems until now. I have a “Park Light Out” light dinging. I changed the fuses and nothing changed, changed the bulb and no change. Do you think it’s fried? I know how to replace it but it’s a few bills to do so.

2014 Dodge Dart SXT 2.0L
Thanks for any help!

·
Super Moderator
3,709 Posts
Are you referring to the rear tail light? Those can be found at a self serve or you pull junkyard fairly cheap.

·
Registered
164 Posts
You said you changed the bulb. Only one or both? Did you inspect the plug(s)?

·
Super Moderator
4,816 Posts
Hey guys first time poster here, I’ve had my dart since 2014 and haven’t had any problems until now. I have a “Park Light Out” light dinging. I changed the fuses and nothing changed, changed the bulb and no change. Do you think it’s fried? I know how to replace it but it’s a few bills to do so.

2014 Dodge Dart SXT 2.0L
Thanks for any help!
If you could be more specific which lights did you change?
More than likely the "Park light" will not be related to your tail lights, and you would also know if those went out since it's a whole LED assembly and you can't just replace a bulb. There are two other options for "Park Light". One is the corner markers which 99% of the time is the main culprit. This will also DING at you constantly, typically when you get on and off the brake pedal. This is extremely annoying and reported quite often. Those corn markers are inside the headlight assembly, and they are what glows your orange markers on the outside edges of the assembly. They are a 194, T10, etc bulb and do NOT replace it with an LED. The whole reason the car is yelling at you for this light is because it's monitored on the all so picky canbus system which tells you stuff like your light is out. LEDs will just keep the error message there even if they are on, so don't think upgrading will be a good idea :)

The second option for "Park Light" is the turn signals themselves. I had this issue where my turn signal bulbs HIGH filament burnt out, but the low still worked, This caused my car to not throw a turn signal error out, but throw a park light out. Once I found the problem, I replaced the bulb and all was well. This is very uncommon but thought it would be good to note. I am still guessing it's your corner markers. You said changed the "BULB" and not bulbs so I am under the impression you might have changed another light bulb or only one. Make sure both corner markers and both turn signals work fully. If so, I would start with replacing both corner markers because those do burn out OFTEN and they are extremely cheap bulbs. They are the same bulbs that are used in your interior lights, and just think those are on anytime your lights are on. So they have a long ON time for a very small filament bulb. When mine went out, they were entirely black because of how long they stay on and because it's a light bulb, they are hot.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, the bulbs I changed were inside the trunk light assembly, the area where you pop the little fuzzy panels off and twist to unlock the bulb. The blinkers still work and the red outline light still lights up, it’s the two white lights in the middle, the ones that are broken up with the trunk opens that aren’t working.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Your parking lights are in the front of the car. Turn your lights on and check to see if they're all working. Turn the turn signals on and verify they work.

·
Super Moderator
4,816 Posts
Hey guys, the bulbs I changed were inside the trunk light assembly, the area where you pop the little fuzzy panels off and twist to unlock the bulb. The blinkers still work and the red outline light still lights up, it’s the two white lights in the middle, the ones that are broken up with the trunk opens that aren’t working.
Those are your reverse lights my dude :)

Turn signals in the rear are the brake light assemblies together. Both your turn signal and break lights are the same LED housing which are the housings that stay when you open the trunk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts