Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so my dart is displaying a "park light out" message and I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen and know what caused it, solutions? I switched out my DRL, license plate light, and reverse to LEDs but I checked everything and it all seems to be correct and all my brake lights work as well..

·
Registered
237 Posts
the led's dont draw enough power. the BCM is programed to monitor the draw of the regular bulbs, replacing them with LED's cause the voltage draw to drop causing the BCM to think they are out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Even with having resistors behind the bulbs to correct the low voltage? But what does it mean "park light"?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh hmm ok yea both work and so do the blinkers i put resistors on them to correct the ricer blink lol but there's three wires to each(blk, wht/blk, wht/grn) do I need to put another resistor to the third wire to correct it or what?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
apistole,

I can confirm yes, your Dart is programed via the BCM for the regular/incandescent light bulbs. As far as technical questions, I can't really get into how to modify the Dart with these LED's. Could be as simple as the aftermarket resistors are not strong/big enough or something more complete than that.

·
Registered
360 Posts
your problem is this

Yes you have load resistors to stop hyperflash , so it turn you are not getting the turn signal out or the hyper flash but you have not covered the parking light. They too need attention. However you can not use load reistors on the parking lights as the design of them gets to hot and will cause damage over time to something.

anyway there is something called error cancelors. You will need one. why not sure even tho each side is seperate from the bcm you only need one. located on the drivers side . the error cancelor will stop the bcm from thinking the bulb is out. for the 194 rear tag light go on ebay they have special leds with the load cells built in to prevent bulb out warnings.
the first week i got my dart i started with hids and leds and had to figure out how to prevent bulb out warnings as there was little infomation available.
If i have the picture I will repost as to the error cancelor that i used to stop the parking light error.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Whats funny Is ive also reconfigured the bcm to tell it to look for LED front signals etc and that still didnt work.

BUt i think the bcm is overly sensitive. as well as its extemely anoying that it has to keep reminding you.
for the parking light out its like ever time you stop then go again the message has to apear on the dash. Very annoying and not called for.

·
Super Moderator
4,564 Posts
your problem is this

Yes you have load resistors to stop hyperflash , so it turn you are not getting the turn signal out or the hyper flash but you have not covered the parking light. They too need attention. However you can not use load reistors on the parking lights as the design of them gets to hot and will cause damage over time to something.

anyway there is something called error cancelors. You will need one. why not sure even tho each side is seperate from the bcm you only need one. located on the drivers side . the error cancelor will stop the bcm from thinking the bulb is out. for the 194 rear tag light go on ebay they have special leds with the load cells built in to prevent bulb out warnings.
the first week i got my dart i started with hids and leds and had to figure out how to prevent bulb out warnings as there was little infomation available.
If i have the picture I will repost as to the error cancelor that i used to stop the parking light error.
What type of cancelers did you use for your HIDs? I have relay setup, and have not yet figured it out. About to just buy can-bus ballasts to fix it, but just hoping their is a cheaper way first. I have a built in capacitor in my relay, and also have a canceler in line with the relay but still message is there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I began getting the same message this past weekend. The left front parking light is out (the one on the fender). It looks like I'll have to remove the battery to get at it. Is it not as simple as replacing the bulb? I don't understand all this talk about needing an inline resistor. Why would Chrysler do something like that?

·
Super Moderator
4,564 Posts
I began getting the same message this past weekend. The left front parking light is out (the one on the fender). It looks like I'll have to remove the battery to get at it. Is it not as simple as replacing the bulb? I don't understand all this talk about needing an inline resistor. Why would Chrysler do something like that?
You should be able to take it out from where you access the headlight. If not, turn the wheel all the ways full lock in either direction, and then remove the couple of 8mm bolts in the fender well. You will be able to peel that back a bit and have access to it with little work :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
You should be able to take it out from where you access the headlight. If not, turn the wheel all the ways full lock in either direction, and then remove the couple of 8mm bolts in the fender well. You will be able to peel that back a bit and have access to it with little work :)
Ugh. I didn't see any 8mm bolts, but I did find a rectangular access panel in the wheel well. Beyond that there was a circular twist cap which, upon removal, provides "access" to the light assembly. I have small hands, but even I couldn't contort them to get a grip on anything. I didn't want to just start yanking on stuff blindly either. I think I'll have to remove the wheel to even attempt to access the bulbs. What a brilliant design. :furious:

·
Super Moderator
4,564 Posts
Ugh. I didn't see any 8mm bolts, but I did find a rectangular access panel in the wheel well. Beyond that there was a circular twist cap which, upon removal, provides "access" to the light assembly. I have small hands, but even I couldn't contort them to get a grip on anything. I didn't want to just start yanking on stuff blindly either. I think I'll have to remove the wheel to even attempt to access the bulbs. What a brilliant design. :furious:
They are on the outside edges of the fender liner. The same liner you found that panel in. You can turn the wheel one way to turn it out of the way and peel the liner back after removing the bolts. Here is one of my write up pics of it!

But to begin this install is SUPER easy. You will need a few things, an 8mm Ratchet (or wrench) and you're hands! Install will involve getting into the lower fender areas. Which can be peeled back by removing 3 8mm bolts on the splash shield on either side. This is much easier if you crank the steering wheel either one way or the other fully locked. You DO NOT have to take the wheels off, but if you have the time and would like to do it, you are more than welcome.

View attachment 53711

·
Registered
650 Posts
FWIW, When we were putting my dart back together after the wreck, the RF park lamp was showing to be out. I checked it, and bumped it with my hand, and it started working. This was while we were putting the car back together. As we got to the door, I wanted to check the blinker in the mirror, because I had them apart as well. Once again, the RF was not working. When I pulled it out, the socket had overheated. I'm not saying the sky is falling, but there IS a chance that there is a problem with the lamp wiring on these cars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
They are on the outside edges of the fender liner. The same liner you found that panel in. You can turn the wheel one way to turn it out of the way and peel the liner back after removing the bolts. Here is one of my write up pics of it!
Yay, I was able to replace the light bulb. I ended up going through the 5x5" panel after all. While peeling back the liner gave me complete access the the fog light, it didn't provide any extra access to the parking light. Having a flashlight this time was very helpful as it allowed me to better assess the situation. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Similar situation, park light out message kept coming on when I would first start the car and then after everytime I would take my foot off the brake pedal. Very annoying. But I discovered both park/marker lights were out. Less than ten minutes and $5, both bulbs replaced, problem solved. Access through the panel is pretty easy. Getting them out is a snap, but getting them back into place is a bit fussy.

Loving my Dart so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where can I buy these replacement bulbs? and what is the Item #

Similar situation, park light out message kept coming on when I would first start the car and then after everytime I would take my foot off the brake pedal. Very annoying. But I discovered both park/marker lights were out. Less than ten minutes and $5, both bulbs replaced, problem solved. Access through the panel is pretty easy. Getting them out is a snap, but getting them back into place is a bit fussy.

Loving my Dart so far.
Just had a quick question for you regarding where you purchased the bulbs? I tried AutoZone with no luck. If you have an Item ID # that would be great to! Much appreciated.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts