Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have a draw, verified battery and alternator are good. In pulling fuses, F16 eliminated the draw. My question is as this is listed as ECM Igition Coil, could replacing the coils actually eliminate the draw? That doesnt make sense in my head. None of the other ECM fuses were causing any draw. I'm just trying to figure out the best possible way to proceed. Thank in advance.

·
Super Moderator
3,390 Posts
Not sure where you got the F14 info being about the ECM ignition coils. F14 is for the DDCT. See the schematic:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are correct, typed the wrong number should have been F16. Too long in the sun doing it.

·
Super Moderator
3,390 Posts
Check the BR/YL wire circuit for shorts before replacing anything. Try pulling the coil connectors one at a time, it might just be one coil.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the information alpinegreeneneon. Went this am to start trying to run it down and double checked the fuse to be certain as I was obviously confused. Turns out after doing a thorough run through again I had the wrong fuse all together. Looks like F02 is the culprit. Which mean more issues I know. I apologize if I have wasted your time.

·
Super Moderator
3,390 Posts
Diagnosing a parasitic draw can be frustrating. No need to apologize.
F02 is B+ to the BCM. You may have a stuck relay that is soldered on the circuit board of the BCM. Unfortunately, the BCM is not normally repairable unless you have soldering skills.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again for your guidance, I do appreciate it. And I figured the BCM wasn't an easy fix. At least I know the source of the issue now though, and that it is beyond my skill level currently.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts