Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was enjoying the lovely weekend when I heard my car alarm going off. I was about 150 feet away so I quickly ran to my car and pressed the panic button on my keyfob to disable it. However, after numerous attempts it simply would NOT turn off. Starting the car does not disable the alarm so I was in my own "panic mode" trying to figure out what to do. I disconnected the battery for 15 minutes thinking it would reset, NOPE. I did a quick google search with no results for the Dart, only other Dodge vehicles.

The fix? Simply drive 5 mph or faster and it will turn off the alarm.

I did not have my 2nd keyfob on hand, so I could not try that out. I will try the 2nd keyfob to see if it works, it is possible my 1st keyfob is broken....I don't know.

· Administrator
6,301 Posts
If you have alfaOBD, check for codes. The ultrasonic and antitilt module in the third brake light may be malfunctioning. The vehicle theft security system will not set a check engine light.

· Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you have alfaOBD, check for codes. The ultrasonic and antitilt module in the third brake light may be malfunctioning. The vehicle theft security system will not set a check engine light.
Ever since I have owned my Darts, the panic alarm would trigger many times with the keyfob in my pocket. All previous alarms that were triggered would turn off the instant I hit the button on the keyfob. This is why I am led to believe it's the keyfob, not the actual alarm malfunctioning.

I don't have alfaODB yet, but I will probably purchase in the near future. Knock on wood, my Darts have always been great to me overall so I haven't really had a need in the past.

· Administrator
6,301 Posts
If you plan to keep your Darts a long time or plan to get another FCA vehicle, diagnostic tools like alfa and the OBDLinkMX will definitely pay for themselves. Does this Dart have the Vehicle Theft Security system? Let us know if the 2nd fob helped.

· Registered
8 Posts
I was enjoying the lovely weekend when I heard my car alarm going off. I was about 150 feet away so I quickly ran to my car and pressed the panic button on my keyfob to disable it. However, after numerous attempts it simply would NOT turn off. Starting the car does not disable the alarm so I was in my own "panic mode" trying to figure out what to do. I disconnected the battery for 15 minutes thinking it would reset, NOPE. I did a quick google search with no results for the Dart, only other Dodge vehicles.

The fix? Simply drive 5 mph or faster and it will turn off the alarm.

I did not have my 2nd keyfob on hand, so I could not try that out. I will try the 2nd keyfob to see if it works, it is possible my 1st keyfob is broken....I don't know.
The battery might need replacement CR2032 available at Walmart or on Ebay (YouTube). The blister switch may have moved. Check YouTube on the internet. They have lots of videos about the Dodge Dart.

· Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The battery might need replacement CR2032 available at Walmart or on Ebay (YouTube). The blister switch may have moved. Check YouTube on the internet. They have lots of videos about the Dodge Dart.
It's not the battery because it was replaced about 1 year ago. If the battery is low the car will display a message on the display cluster.

It's the keyfob itself that is damaged/broken. The remote start button no longer works as well.

· Registered
2 Posts
killraven I thank you so much for you information on the key problem I had that today and that 5 mph to shut off my alarm was great cause my 2015 Dodge Dart wouldn’t shut off the alarm and when I found that post it saved my butt on getting my car from my work home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts