Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't really like the plastic covering for my Dodge Dart. I originally painted it red but now I think it just looks cheesy. I'm thinking of painting the valve cover a clean chrome or waved black and adding a red 2.4L Tigershark in the Dart font on it.

Some people say the plastic cover is to reduce engine heat and noise, but most mechanics I've talked to says it's unnecessary and just meant to make the engine bay look clean. I started looking at some show cars and old 80's and below production cars to see how engines used to look. I want it too look like it came painted from the factory.

·
Super Moderator
3,380 Posts
I think chrome would look best and would match the rest of the aluminum engine. Second choice would a wrinkled or gloss black (like the oil pan). No writing.
Not a fan of engine covers. Wish the 2.0 cover did not incorporate the air intake.

Reactions: dlothemartian

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I meant wrinkled black, but I hadn't thought of going with a gloss black. That would look great. My intake is powder coat black and I have a red shift linkage. I'm going to have to mock up different looks in Blender or photoshop. I'll post them later on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts