Dodge Dart Forum banner

Paint stripes on parts?

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  The_lishp 
#1 ·
Has anyone else while changing parts on there darts come across parts with paint marks at first I thought it was only my electrical now I know it's suspension too curious is this from factory or from previous owners?
Automotive tire Wheel Bicycle part Rim Auto part
Automotive tire Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber

See less See more
#3 ·
Okay would that indicate the same thing on something like ignition coils too? And it's not prestine lol magic of the camera plus one of the transversal links used off eBay off a car with 30k miles my exhaust a few inches lower rust coming through exhaust paint lol I have a hole for my nitrous line no gasket just some sealant lol up front she's missing a fog light it's bad but her engine since I've had her has been pretty strong usually I'll do an oil change idk every every month and a half been a while since she's had one due to just everything going on but I'm hoping to get a few days free to just not do mandatory maintenance but work on a few fun projects I have started and just have had to set them aside for now. Sorry 😐 maybe too much blathering for a post on paint marks lol

#5 ·
Those are factory assembly line markings. The holy grail for car restorers and car buffs and cool in general.

For old classic cars some restorers go to great lengths to research and replicate those markings on restorations.

The guys at the factory marked the parts they checked with those grease pens.

As a second owner it’s a neat way to see if things were replaced …. if the marks are missing or don’t align.

Super clean car.

#7 ·
Those are factory assembly line markings. The holy grail for car restorers and car buffs and cool in general.

For old classic cars some restorers go to great lengths to research and replicate those markings on restorations.

The guys at the factory marked the parts they checked with those grease pens.

As a second owner it’s a neat way to see if things were replaced …. if the marks are missing or don’t align.

Super clean car.
I was a judge at an auto show for close to 20 years. I overheard a conversation once about the engine compartment paint, how many runs it should have to be a correct restoration. Dumb it's OK to make it better than new!

#8 ·
they take restoration pretty seriouslly huh i know for older/classic cars my old man told me to always get original part i can appreciate restoring old cars and having them be for show but i dont quite understand it 100% myself lol this dart here is my first car ive had long enough for my registration to expire lol but shes also the first car ive modded and worked on exept 1 oil change on this piece of crap fleet impala i had before i flipped it but honestly thankfully i did becuase i got the dart right after. my current goal is quite simple lol i just want to beat my old man before hes to old to go to the strip in his lotus zr1 luckily for me its lost some hp and torque with age if i have to ill supercharge a dart lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.