Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Dart 1.4T Limited MTX
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was leaving work today and let her rip in first and second. She was pretty high in the RPMs and boost until my exhaust got super loud and I lost boost. It drove fine (minus the boost of course) eventually it went into limp mode (2500 rpm max) so I pulled over and scanned it, it gave me a P2262 code: no boost - mechanical error. I cleared it and got it out of limp mode and kept easy on the throttle. I monitored the boost with the MX+ reader and it wouldn't go above 0 psi. I've read a lot of people with this code have issues with the wastegate and/or diverter but my exhaust is still really loud (sounds like open headers) so I'm guessing something exhaust-side came loose or I sprung a massive exhaust leak. Visual inspection from the topside, the intercooler pipes appear to be all connected, vacuum lines too. I haven't looked around more than that because the engine is still hot, so it'll have to wait a day or two.

Any ideas what it might be?

·
Super Moderator
4,909 Posts
28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics / MODULE, Powertrain Control (PCM) / Diagnosis and Testing

P2262-00-TURBOCHARGER BOOST PRESSURE NOT DETECTED - MECHANICAL

Theory of Operation

When the accelerator is closed suddenly, excessive boost pressure can build up between the Turbocharger and the Throttle Body which can cause damage to the Turbocharger. This can occur because the compressed air created by the Turbocharger has no place to go. This results in compressor surge. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects this pressure increase via input from the Boost Pressure Sensor. The Boost Pressure Sensor operates as a typical three wire sensor. The PCM provides a 5-volt supply and sensor return circuit to the Boost Pressure Sensor and receives a feedback voltage on the signal circuit. The Turbocharger Surge Valve is responsible for venting the boost pressure between the Turbocharger and Throttle Body during sudden deceleration. The Turbocharger Surge Valve is normally spring loaded closed. When the PCM receives an input signal from the Boost Pressure Sensor that the pressure is above a calibrated amount, the PCM grounds the Turbocharger Surge Valve Control circuit which electrically opens the valve and routes the excess pressure between the Turbocharger and the Throttle Body back to the inlet of the Turbocharger, relieving the pressure and preventing compressor surge.

When Monitored and Set Conditions

When Monitored: This diagnostic runs continuously when the following conditions are met:

•With the engine running.
•When the Wastegate Valve is commanded closed or is open at a value less than 100%.

Set Conditions:

•The difference between the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) (modeled position minus the actual position) is greater than 30 kPa (4.35 PSI).

Default Actions:

•The MIL light will illuminate.

Possible Causes

RESTRICTED AIR FILTER
BOOST SYSTEM PRESSURE HOSES RESTRICTED OR LEAKING
LARGE INTAKE SYSTEM LEAK OR RESTRICTION
INTERCOOLER LEAK
EXHAUST SYSTEM RESTRICTION
WASTEGATE SOLENOID
WASTEGATE VALVE STICKING OPEN
TURBOCHARGER (SEIZED TURBINE)

·
Premium Member
2013 Dart Limited 1.4T 6-Speed
271 Posts
I would check for a cracked or leaking exhaust manifold. That would cause a loud exhaust and inhibit boost.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would check for a cracked or leaking exhaust manifold. That would cause a loud exhaust and inhibit boost.
That's what I was thinking. I'll check it out this weekend and report back. Maybe time for an upgraded manifold, if there is one.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ladies and gentleman, we got good news for my wallet! The little clip that holds the wastegate to the actuator broke off so the wastegate was stuck open! I guess the little fella couldn't handle WOT in 2nd gear and decided to piece out lol

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Next order of business, any ideas where to get a replacement or something stronger to hold it?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought a pack of different sized trailer hitch cotter pins from Napa. My only concern is how much heat they can resist before they get weak. It's been a week now of daily driving and no problems so I think I'm good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts