Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My check engine light is on due to this error code which is making me fail emissions testing. I am trying to figure out an estimate of how much might this cost me to fix.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
It depends on what is broken. Since the Dart sits so low, it's not difficult to pull up to a parking curb and scrape the connector which is just above the middle of the closeout panel. Depending on how hard you scraped it, either the connector or both the connector and AGS motor is damaged. The connector is available aftermarket.
If the AGS motor is also damaged, you need to get the entire AGS assembly from the dealer or online.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It depends on what is broken. Since the Dart sits so low, it's not difficult to pull up to a parking curb and scrape the connector which is just above the middle of the closeout panel. Depending on how hard you scraped it, either the connector or both the connector and AGS motor is damaged. The connector is available aftermarket.
If the AGS motor is also damaged, you need to get the entire AGS assembly from the dealer or online.
Thanks for the input. Do you happen to know of any way that I can just clear the error code in my car to just pass emissions testing?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Thanks for the input. Do you happen to know of any way that I can just clear the error code in my car to just pass emissions testing?
It will come right back if you clear the code. You have to fix it. You can remove the closeout panel to take a look at what is damaged. If you have to replace the AGS assembly, the bumper cover needs to be removed. It is not difficult, definitely something you can do yourself. There is a really good video on you tube by MotorCityMechanic. If it's just the connector, the connector is able to be disassembled and the original terminals can be inserted into a new connector.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It will come right back if you clear the code. You have to fix it. You can remove the closeout panel to take a look at what is damaged. If you have to replace the AGS assembly, the bumper cover needs to be removed. It is not difficult, definitely something you can do yourself. There is a really good video on you tube by MotorCityMechanic. If it's just the connector, the connector is able to be disassembled and the original terminals can be inserted into a new connector.
Thanks for the advice, I just removed the bumper cover and it looked like the fin looking things (don’t know what they’re called) connected to the actuator were knocked out of place. I put them back in place and now doing a hard reset to see if it clears the error code in my car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts