Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So for the last couple of days I have been running a dealer flash for the P1CEA code it seems to be working fantastic! The flash improves everyday. So I think when the flash took place the dealership did alittle more. But I can't prove it everything under the hood looks to be how I left it before taking it to the dealer. The horsepower seems to have increased as well as the torque. Then again I'm going by a butt Dyno since there is no dyno around where I live. The psi is hitting stock target 22-23. I just can't believe that a flash helped out so much. I mean I had tried tons of methods to find a boost leak and it happened to be a flash that fixed it so far?????? Any opinions on this matter? Also here's the work order...

Attachments

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah!! I'm just waiting for that check engine light to pop up! I have already put a good 150 miles on the flash and I have been driving it pretty hard. But it seems to improve constantly.

·
Mopar 13 Moderator
5,443 Posts
Did you do the waste gate adjustment before this?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had that code to after the boost leak fix. Honestly I kind of expected it since it was over pressurizing the engine, and caused an oil leak on my valve cover. I set my preload to 6 mm and didn't notice much.

How do you go about having them reflash the car? Just go up and ask them, or does it have to be the cause of a problem?

Oh yea, and that popping after wot shifts? Fantastic!! All

I'll hit it sometimes when passing people walking just to see their reaction. Most people just probably think my cars messed up lol.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had that code to after the boost leak fix. Honestly I kind of expected it since it was over pressurizing the engine, and caused an oil leak on my valve cover. I set my preload to 6 mm and didn't notice much. How do you go about having them reflash the car? Just go up and ask them, or does it have to be the cause of a problem? Oh yea, and that popping after wot shifts? Fantastic!! All I'll hit it sometimes when passing people walking just to see their reaction. Most people just probably think my cars messed up lol.
I went to the dealership thinking they were going to replace my turbo. After a two hour wait the manager open the door to the waiting room and presented me with the work order. Which said they flashed my car two times with updates for that specific issue. Previous to me going to the dealership my check engine light was on. But the flash was the solution to the proablem.

·
Registered
162 Posts
So what does the P1CEA code really mean? Mine came on today, I have my own scanner which is a little old but did come up with that code which it says is a manufacturer code. My came on today when I passed a semi that was going 50 or so mph. I hit 80 by the time I was at the cab of the semi in fourth gear (manual).
It didn't seem to affect the car in any way when the check engine light came on. I drove it about 12 miles after the check engine light came on.
I had the throttle position sensor go down about a month ago which required the whole throttle body being replaced by the dealer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had that code to after the boost leak fix. Honestly I kind of expected it since it was over pressurizing the engine, and caused an oil leak on my valve cover. I set my preload to 6 mm and didn't notice much.

How do you go about having them reflash the car? Just go up and ask them, or does it have to be the cause of a problem?

Oh yea, and that popping after wot shifts? Fantastic!! All

I'll hit it sometimes when passing people walking just to see their reaction. Most people just probably think my cars messed up lol.

can you tell me what the boost leak fix was? ive looked everywhere for it

·
Registered
2013 Rallye 1.4L turbo DDCT
12 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts