Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post. Hoping someone has encountered this as well and can point me in the right direction. Have a 2013 Dart GT. It’s had issues in the past just stopping while driving (thankfully at low speeds). This morning the car wouldn’t start. It would crank but would not turn over. It sounded like it would start to catch but then it would stop. I did finally miraculously get it started after many attempts and the cel was on. I used my scanner and came back with P1185 code. I haven’t found any Dart specific info for this code. I also took it for a ride after letting it run for a while and I could not get past 20 mph fully floored. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
First before anything, check the oil level. If the oil level is low, the MultiAir will be starved for oil and shut the engine down. The P1185 may be coincidental from the difficulty starting.
FSM diagnostic:
28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics / MODULE, Powertrain Control (PCM), 2.4L / Diagnosis and Testing

P1185-GENERAL PRESSURE SENSOR CORRELATION

When Monitored and Set Conditions

When Monitored: This diagnostic runs with the ignition on.

Set Conditions:

•The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) compares the MAP Sensor and BARO Sensor values. If the two sensors are not within a specific range of each other the value outside of the specified range is declared irrational.

Default Actions:

•The MIL light will illuminate.

Possible Causes

MAP SENSOR, WIRING, OR CONNECTORS
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I’m aware of the oil issue. I added about three quarts just last week to get the level up. So the oil shouldn’t be an issue here (although I will check again). Would the oil level cause it to not accelerate past 20 fully floored?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Yeah I’m aware of the oil issue. I added about three quarts just last week to get the level up. So the oil shouldn’t be an issue here (although I will check again). Would the oil level cause it to not accelerate past 20 fully floored?
Were you low 3 quarts? If so, how long since your last oil change?

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Once it sets a code, it goes into limp in mode. You can clear the code with your scanner or if that doesn't work, disconnect the negative battery terminal for a while. You only need to loosen the nut on the battery clamp, do not remove it.
You should be checking your oil more frequently. 3 quarts is half the oil. The MultiAir takes the place of an intake cam. When it doesn't work because it is starved for oil, you have no intake cam. That means engine vacuum for the MAP sensor is not there if intake valves are not opening.

·
Registered
120 Posts
First post. Hoping someone has encountered this as well and can point me in the right direction. Have a 2013 Dart GT. It’s had issues in the past just stopping while driving (thankfully at low speeds). This morning the car wouldn’t start. It would crank but would not turn over. It sounded like it would start to catch but then it would stop. I did finally miraculously get it started after many attempts and the cel was on. I used my scanner and came back with P1185 code. I haven’t found any Dart specific info for this code. I also took it for a ride after letting it run for a while and I could not get past 20 mph fully floored. Anyone have any ideas?
My 2013 gt Had an issue starting one morning, got it started and while driving she blinked off then back on. Thought I had a bad battery. But when I checked the negative cable it was slightly loose. I tried to tighten it but the design of clamp is weird, I couldn’t get it to stay so I bought a new clamp. Good to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts