Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Location on 2014 2.0 VVT? I'm replacing the engine oil sensor from the P0520 code but I'm unable to successfully locate it. It isn't the same location as other year darts. I've seen several locations and needing several different tools to replace it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
i had the same code on my 2013 and was able to fix the problem. mine was on the back side of the motor on the passenger side. kind of hard to see around the motor to check. just easy to take the engine cover off snd see if it is there.

·
Super Moderator
3,279 Posts
The oil pressure sensor has three wires. Do not confuse it with the oil temp sensor which has 2 wires.
oilpressuresensor20a.jpg

·
Super Moderator
3,279 Posts
Very little oil if any will be lost while replacing the sensor.

·
Registered
103 Posts
^what he said. You do not have to drain the oil to do the replacement. I only had enough oil leak out to cover the tip of my finger. Just dont dottle when replacing it. The issue is getting the sensor socket on it to get it out and putting the new one back in. I will tell you this tho if your going to go to an auto parts store to get it replaced go to advance over autozone. The one they have at autozone is the temp sensor with the 2 prong. Not only that but the threading is the wrong size so it wont even fit in the place from the start. I learned this the hard way

·
Registered
140 Posts
^what he said. You do not have to drain the oil to do the replacement. I only had enough oil leak out to cover the tip of my finger. Just dont dottle when replacing it. The issue is getting the sensor socket on it to get it out and putting the new one back in. I will tell you this tho if your going to go to an auto parts store to get it replaced go to advance over autozone. The one they have at autozone is the temp sensor with the 2 prong. Not only that but the threading is the wrong size so it wont even fit in the place from the start. I learned this the hard way
I've ordered a Mopar brand from Rockauto. Should be here next week.

·
Registered
103 Posts
that works as well lol. you can get the socket from autozone for like $12 to $15. it is a tight fit behind the motor so i would say get an adjustable ratchet to make it alot easier. and also, be very careful when taking the pigtail off of the sensor. there is a red tab that has to be pushed in order to get it to release from the sensor and the tabs can be slightly brittle. just fyi

·
Registered
140 Posts
that works as well lol. you can get the socket from autozone for like $12 to $15. it is a tight fit behind the motor so i would say get an adjustable ratchet to make it alot easier. and also, be very careful when taking the pigtail off of the sensor. there is a red tab that has to be pushed in order to get it to release from the sensor and the tabs can be slightly brittle. just fyi
Good tip. Thanks.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I changed out the sensor today. Used an obd app to clear the cel. Started the car and checked out the oil pressure, oil pressure sensor voltage, and VVT oil pressure. At idle: o.p. kpa was 1.431, voltage was 164, and VVT o.p. was 59.0 . At 2000 rpm: o.p. kpa was 3.04, voltage was 440, and VVT o.p. was 61.0 . Don't know if these are normal numbers. I wish I had taken readings before I changed out the sensor to have something to compare them too. The cel light has not come back on yet.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Those sound about right but not 100% sure. But I'm glad everything got changed out and no issues

1 - 12 of 12 Posts