Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Dodge Dart RallyE 1.4L Turbo M/T (108k miles) All stock (only owner)

Backstory:
Around 93k miles my car was in the shop with P0303. After about 2 months the finally fixed the problem. Didn't really get a run down of what it was. This was a mixture of my car still being under warranty and me paying to fix outlying issues.

Today:
P0303 is back along with P0420 (not working on P0420 at the moment). So first, I've replaced the spark plugs and reset the code, although at this point I noticed some oil in the tubes. P0303 pops again. Ok let's fix the oil in the tubes. Take off the valve cover and replace the tubes, gaskets and seals (yes I have the specialty tools). Reset the codes, P0303 is back. It's only been about 18 months since it was in the shop, let's replace the ignition coils. You guessed it P0303 is back. Ok, so let's replace the fuel injectors, that's a fairly cheap job. I replaced all the fuel injectors, clips and wiring harness. P0303 is back again.

Now that I've thrown parts at the problem, my next guess is airflow, however, I am looking for suggestions for additional diagnosis at this point.

·
Super Moderator
3,387 Posts
Do a compression test.
P0420-00-CATALYST EFFICIENCY

·
Super Moderator
3,387 Posts
If it's not firing, raw gas may be getting to the cat or the O2 sensor is soaked. Usually a MultiAir problem gives a different code.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just ran the compression test. It appears to be a valve problem. C1 - 80PSI, C2 - 40 PSI, C3 - 20 PSI, C4 - 100 PSI

1 - 6 of 6 Posts