Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 466 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have about 10k miles on my dart and one day I got in the car and it felt like I had no boost under load. Running all motor. Happened once. Figured is was no biggie. Then yesterday (about 2 weeks later) it happened 3 more times.. 3rd time I was going up hill and felt like I wasnt even going to make it. Then the check engine light came on. Every time I have this problem it also comes packaged with a rough idle. It's intermittent but very noticeable. Taking it to the dealer Friday but I checked the code and it's a p0299 supercharger/turbocharger "A" underboost condition. Has anyone else come across this?

·
Banned
275 Posts
So I have about 10k miles on my dart and one day I got in the car and it felt like I had no boost under load. Running all motor. Happened once. Figured is was no biggie. Then yesterday (about 2 weeks later) it happened 3 more times.. 3rd time I was going up hill and felt like I wasnt even going to make it. Then the check engine light came on. Every time I have this problem it also comes packaged with a rough idle. It's intermittent but very noticeable. Taking it to the dealer Friday but I checked the code and it's a p0299 supercharger/turbocharger "A" underboost condition. Has anyone else come across this?
any mods ?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Have you checked to make sure the vacuum hoses are all connected nice and tight?

·
Registered
237 Posts
the vacum hoses to the intake are not under pressure. the pressure starts on the other side of the turbo.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I checked to make sure there was no obvious boost leaks at throttle body or hot side pipe anywhere. I am a tech. Just not too knowledgable on this issue. Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
279 Posts
How hot was it outside? I experienced a loss of boost yesterday when it was quite warm out while climbing a hill. No light for me however.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Maybe a bad sensor...if its intermittent, that's my guess.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How hot was it outside? I experienced a loss of boost yesterday when it was quite warm out while climbing a hill. No light for me however.
It was about 70degrees Fahrenheit. And exactly. Climbing hill. Under high load after driving for a while. Took it happening 3 or 4 times before the check engine light popped on

·
Registered
874 Posts
It was about 70degrees Fahrenheit. And exactly. Climbing hill. Under high load after driving for a while. Took it happening 3 or 4 times before the check engine light popped on
If you had no power but you were in boost it could be your waste gate. Just a thought had something very similar happen to me but it's only happened twice.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DodgeDart

·
Registered
70 Posts
My car had this problem a few weeks ago. I had the same code but no CEL. The pinpoint test for this code is to check for clogged intake, clogged exhaust or a crazy boost leak. If all those check out ok the final test says to replace the turbo due to a sticking wastegate.

After I let mine cool down and went for a test drive the problem was gone and has not returned again.

·
Registered
874 Posts
My car had this problem a few weeks ago. I had the same code but no CEL. The pinpoint test for this code is to check for clogged intake, clogged exhaust or a crazy boost leak. If all those check out ok the final test says to replace the turbo due to a sticking wastegate.

After I let mine cool down and went for a test drive the problem was gone and has not returned again.
I concur when it happened to me I just turned the car off and back on and it was good.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I concur when it happened to me I just turned the car off and back on and it was good.

I had the same thing where I had to shut it off. Then 2 weeks later happened 3 times in one day. So I'm getting it fixed lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did your dealer Hassel you about it or did you bring it to them when it happened?

Well I brought it the first time it happened and there were no codes so they didn't think anything of it. But now it happened multiples so they said to bring it back Friday and they would diagnose the problem (turbo makes the most sense due to terrible internal wastegate)

1 - 20 of 466 Posts