Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So awhile back my car got a light on. I scanned it and it popped up with the P0299 Code or Turbo under boost condition. I looked into it and pretty soon the light went off. I was very happy and about two weeks later it came back. It just went away again and now im confused. It seems this light will come on for a week or two and then go out for a week or two. Car seems to run great. I have tried different grade fuels but the light came on when I had 93 in the car. Anyone know why this happens. Is it just a bad sensor?

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you have a manual trans it may be happening when you accelerate in to high of a gear. For instance running 65 in 6th gear trying to pass someone. Someone else posted this, and since I read it, I realized that thats when mine would do it. Now I drop a gear. Also check your hot and cold pipes for cracks or splits.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think its a far more simple thing than people are making out. I just realized I pulled a dumb and didn't clean the air intake filter. Have not experienced a problem so far and my economy went up, as well as intermittent stalling. Check the intake filter first, then try other silly crap second. Sometimes the dumb simple solutions are the ones that actually fixes the problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So awhile back my car got a light on. I scanned it and it popped up with the P0299 Code or Turbo under boost condition. I looked into it and pretty soon the light went off. I was very happy and about two weeks later it came back. It just went away again and now im confused. It seems this light will come on for a week or two and then go out for a week or two. Car seems to run great. I have tried different grade fuels but the light came on when I had 93 in the car. Anyone know why this happens. Is it just a bad sensor?
I'm not sure mine's due the same thing. I could have called in 2 weeks later. Comes back on when it's really hot. Like 100° here in Montana. Whatever gets hot that code pops on. I go have it cleared and it's good for a couple weeks until it gets you a hot again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts