Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I also have a problem with my MAP sensor, I tried to change it but it's an aftermarket it didn't work, kept turning on I put the old one back it's ok. The problem is approximately after 3 days I have a code which displays P0237 sensor A weak circuit, I erase the code everything is ok. It comes back after 3 days. Is there a place where I can buy a cheap one because mopar $ 322 is expensive. Thank you for answering me !
Dodge Dart 2013 1.4 T Rallye

·
Super Moderator
4,343 Posts
When you see the word circuit in a code description, it means check the wiring for opens or shorts. The fact that it's intermittent, also points to wiring. This code Is about the boost pressure sensor NOT the MAP sensor.

28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics / MODULE, Powertrain Control (PCM) / Diagnosis and Testing

P0237-00-TURBO BOOST PRESSURE SENSOR CIRCUIT LOW

Theory of Operation

When the accelerator is closed suddenly, excessive boost pressure can build up between the Turbocharger and the Throttle Body which can cause damage to the Turbocharger. This can occur because the compressed air created by the Turbocharger has no place to go. This results in compressor surge. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects this pressure increase via input from the Boost Pressure Sensor. The Boost Pressure Sensor operates as a typical three wire sensor. The PCM provides a 5-volt supply and sensor return circuit to the Boost Pressure Sensor and receives a feedback voltage on the signal circuit. The Turbocharger Surge Valve is responsible for venting the boost pressure between the Turbocharger and Throttle Body during sudden deceleration. The Turbocharger Surge Valve is normally spring loaded closed. When the PCM receives an input signal from the Boost Pressure Sensor that the pressure is above a calibrated amount, the PCM grounds the Turbocharger Surge Valve Control circuit which electrically opens the valve and routes the excess pressure between the Turbocharger and the Throttle Body back to the inlet of the Turbocharger, relieving the pressure and preventing compressor surge.

When Monitored and Set Conditions

When Monitored:

•This diagnostic runs continuously with the ignition on.

Set Conditions:

•Default Actions:

•The (K37) Boost Pressure Sensor Signal circuit voltage is below 0.11 volts for 2.0 seconds.

Possible Causes

5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT OPEN
5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
BOOST SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
BOOST PRESSURE SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT OPEN/HIGH RESISTANCE
BOOST PRESSURE SENSOR
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

1.CHECK FOR AN ACTIVE DTC

NOTE: If there are any 5-Volt Reference DTCs present, repair those DTCs before proceeding with this test.

1. Turn the ignition on.

2. With the scan tool, read DTCs and record on the repair order.

Is the DTC active or pending?

Yes

•Go To 2

No

•Perform the INTERMITTENT CONDITION diagnostic procedure. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Powertrain Control (PCM) - Standard Procedure).

2.CHECK THE (F856) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT

1. Turn the ignition off.

2. Disconnect the Boost Pressure Sensor harness connector.

3. Turn the ignition on.

4. Measure the voltage on the (F856) 5-Volt Supply circuit at the Boost Pressure Sensor harness connector.

Does the voltage read 5.0 volts?

Yes

•Go To 3

No

•Repair the (F856) 5-Volt Supply circuit for an open or short to ground.
•Perform the POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST.

3.CHECK THE (K37) BOOST PRESSURE SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT FOR A SHORT TO GROUND

1. Turn the ignition off.

2. Disconnect the PCM C2 harness connector.

3. Check for continuity between ground and the (K37) Boost Pressure Sensor Signal circuit at the Boost Pressure Sensor harness connector.

Is there continuity between ground and the (K37) Boost Pressure Sensor Signal circuit?

Yes

•Repair the (K37) Boost Pressure Sensor Signal circuit for a short to ground.

No

•Go To 4

4.CHECK THE (K37) BOOST PRESSURE SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT FOR AN OPEN/HIGH RESISTANCE

1. Measure the resistance of the (K37) Boost Pressure Sensor Signal circuit between the Boost Pressure Sensor harness connector and the PCM C2 harness connector.

Is the resistance below 3.0 Ohms?

Yes

•Go To 5

No

•Repair the (K37) Boost Pressure Sensor Signal circuit for an open or high resistance.

5.CHECK THE BOOST PRESSURE SENSOR

1. Reconnect the Boost Pressure Sensor harness connector.

2. Reconnect the PCM C2 harness connector.

3. Turn the ignition on.

4. With the scan tool, erase DTCs.

5. Turn the ignition off.

6. Disconnect the Boost Pressure Sensor harness connector.

7. Connect a jumper between the (K37) Boost Pressure Sensor Signal circuit and the (F856) 5-Volt Supply circuit.

NOTE: Be careful not to spread the terminals.

8. Turn the ignition on.

9. With the scan tool, view PCM DTCs.

NOTE: The scan tool should display the P0238-TURBO BOOST PRESSURE SENSOR CIRCUIT HIGH DTC with the jumper connected.

Does the scan tool display the DTC as described above?

Yes

•Replace the Boost Pressure Sensor in accordance with the Service Information.

No

•Go To 6

6.CHECK RELATED PCM AND COMPONENT CONNECTION

1. Perform any Service Bulletins that apply.

2. Disconnect all PCM harness connectors.

3. Disconnect all related in-line harness connections (if equipped).

4. Disconnect the related component harness connectors.

5. Inspect harness connectors, component connectors, and all male and female terminals for the following conditions:
•Proper connector installation.
•Damaged connector locks.
•Corrosion.
•Other signs of water intrusion.
•Weather seal damage (if equipped).
•Bent terminals.
•Overheating due to a poor connection (terminal may be discolored due to excessive current draw).
•Terminals that have been pushed back into the connector cavity.
•Check for spread terminals and verify proper terminal tension.

Repair any conditions that are found.

6. Reconnect all PCM harness connectors. Be certain that all harness connectors are fully seated and the connector locks are fully engaged.

7. Reconnect all in-line harness connectors (if equipped). Be certain that all connectors are fully seated and the connector locks are fully engaged.

8. Reconnect all related component harness connectors. Be certain that all connectors are fully seated and the connector locks are fully engaged.

9. With the scan tool, erase DTCs.

10. Test drive or operate the vehicle in accordance with the when monitored and set conditions.

11. With the scan tool, read DTCs.

Did the DTC return?

Yes

•Replace the Powertrain Control Module in accordance with the Service information. (Refer to 08 - Electrical/8E - Electronic Control Modules/MODULE, Powertrain Control - Removal) .
•Perform the POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Powertrain Control (PCM) - Standard Procedure).

No

•Perform the POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Powertrain Control (PCM) - Standard Procedure).
•Test complete.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hi, is it really the MAP sensor? In this case no problem I will order a real one from Dodge / Chrysler. It's really expensive though. Thank you I will change it.
Not necessarily. It could be one of the 4 causes listed.

Potential causes for this code to set are:
Faulty boost sensor "A"
Faulty turbocharger
Faulty PCM
Wiring problem

·
Registered
252 Posts
Before I ever bought a new MAP sensor, I'd first buy a spray can of MAP sensor cleaner, and clean the one I had. Be very careful in cleaning it also. Pull up a Youtube video by Chris Fix on how it's done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts