Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
The vacuum pump has two o-ring seals. You might want to get new ones. If you took off the hose fitting, there's another o-ring there.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Drill a .050 hole in the T-stat flange. This will help with the burping to rid air pockets. Have the hole at 12:00 position.

It's an old trick I used to do with the old Dodge 2.2L where the stat was mounted vertically to get rid of that air lock.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Drill a .050 hole in the T-stat flange. This will help with the burping to rid air pockets. Have the hole at 12:00 position.

It's an old trick I used to do with the old Dodge 2.2L where the stat was mounted vertically to get rid of that air lock.
You are referring to the thermostat itself inside the housing, correct? Neon oem thermostats had that hole and had a little wiggler in that hole. The thermostat housing on these engine is practically mid engine so having that little hole won't really help with so much possible air in the upper part of the engine. All unnecessary if you just get the UView Airlift or similar tool. I highly recommend that instead of risking the engine overheating because of an air bubble in the head.

Here is a video showing how easy it is to refill a cooling system with the UView Airlift:

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Still way too much. Even if you invest in the UView Airlift and buy the coolant and thermostat online it would have cost you less if you did it yourself.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts