Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I crunched the passenger side mirror. The Dart is wide and the garage is not. I purchased a replacement that came off a wrecked car. It is in perfect condition. I have seen posts about upgrading the mirrors but nothing on how to remove them. I see 3 threaded metal posts on the back of the mirror assembly along with a black and a white plastic post. Are there fasteners on the inside of the car or is the type that you just give it a good yank and it will pop off? Dart mirror.jpg

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
The inside triangle piece just pops off, and then there are the three bolts. That's it. The bottom one is a bit challenging to get to without taking off the entire door panel, but can be done. I'd recommend having someone help you so you have an extra set of hands.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using DodgeDart

·
Registered
114 Posts
I crunched the passenger side mirror. The Dart is wide and the garage is not. I purchased a replacement that came off a wrecked car. It is in perfect condition. I have seen posts about upgrading the mirrors but nothing on how to remove them. I see 3 threaded metal posts on the back of the mirror assembly along with a black and a white plastic post. Are there fasteners on the inside of the car or is the type that you just give it a good yank and it will pop off? View attachment 41227
Nope, those bolts are the only thing holding it to the car. It's actually pretty easy to replace it.

The triangles on the inside of the car door, where the mirror would connect, pop off. If you have the Alpine sound system, it has the silver Alpine logo on them. I found it was easier to get them off by slightly turning them and pulling, but it could be a little stubborn. They do come off though. The bottom bolt is kind of obstructed by the door panel; if you give it a tug you can loosen the door panel and makes it much, much easier to get to the bottom bolt and when you have to reconnect the mirror cable.

It's a pretty straightforward install after that. Unplug the mirror cable and unscrew the bolts. The black rubber part takes a little finessing to get into the hole, then reconnect the cable. After that just resecure the door panel and put the triangle back in and it's done.

·
Registered
75 Posts
It's so nice to be here - in Bimmer-Land, doing stuff like this requires a trip to the dealer to get the replacement 'coded' into the software so as to not flag an error. Every mod or repair had that issue over one's head - replacing the battery for example - requires 'registration' of the battery with the car's Op Sys. The coding costs more than the part sometimes, and then there's the issue that if the car ever goes back to the dealer the special code gets written over and you're out in the cold.

Glad we don't have those issues - at least not that I know of...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all for the advice. Got it done with just one extra set of hands for help. Car is back to new again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Replacing just the glass on side mirror.

Ive been looking everywhere for info on just replacing the glass in the passenger side mirror and haven't found any. I have the glass already from the dealer but i cant figure out how to get it attached. If anyone has info i would much appreciate it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ive been looking everywhere for info on just replacing the glass in the passenger side mirror and haven't found any. I have the glass already from the dealer but i cant figure out how to get it attached. If anyone has info i would much appreciate it.
Hey did u figure it out? It’s held by a few clips that just pop off when u pull on it. Turn it all the way to one side and try to reach behind and spread your hand to pull on it. If it flex’s try a different side

1 - 11 of 11 Posts