Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My out side air temp seems to be sticking. It will be off hot or cold then once I start driving to corrects like it was being blocked by something. Any one know where it's located ?

Sent from my iPhone using DodgeDart

·
Registered
849 Posts
The ambient temperature sensor reads the outside temp and will be located right behind the grille, it is common for it to be off when first starting and will also normally be off a couple of degrees from actual temperature due to the engine heat

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
The ambient temperature sensor reads the outside temp and will be located right behind the grille, it is common for it to be off when first starting and will also normally be off a couple of degrees from actual temperature due to the engine heat
jelli79,

The diagram shows it on a bracket right in front of the radiator. Likely explains the discrepancy due to engine heat.

twjsbj - Do believe this sensor is not working properly?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It works but only after a delay after start up. It seem like its stuck for a while at the last temp it had. For example on sunday I took the car out of the garage and washed it. After that headed to the store. It still showed like 68 while it was around 80. After getting on the highway I saw the number start to quickly climb to 79. The other day I was parked in the sun. Got in the car it show 101 stated to drive after a few minutes the numbers started to come down fast to 82. So after a little time it correct but it taking a long time to change.

I understand being off a little due to the temp under the hood but the delay then quick change is strange. I may look to see if something got sucked up and is blocking the airflow to it.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Mine did this but it would stick at -40 degrees. I live in Florida lol. It would stay that way for days and the ac would not work either.
You need to get both looked at by a dealer.
The ambient temp sensor is/was likely fried
Your A/C will never come on in that situation

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had already taken it to dealer.. They replaced both the temp sensor and a sensor for the ASG which also wasn't working correctly. When the temp dipped and stuck at the low reading for some reason my ac would go out and only blow warm air. It didn't come back on until the temp returned to normal... Since it was replaced the ac hasn't gotten warm again...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, my outside air temp has seemed to quit reading and is stuck saying -40°C after a huge cold front came in. Is there any way besides unhooking the battery to reset it? Or do I have to buy a new sensor. I drive a 2013 dodge dart rallye manual 6-speed

·
Administrator
5,744 Posts
If you have automatic air temp control for the HVAC, there is a sensor on the steering column opening cover. You can test the sensor with an ohmmeter.

The ambient temp sensor is in front of the radiator and can probably also be tested with an ohmmeter but there isn't a chart for it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My out side air temp seems to be sticking. It will be off hot or cold then once I start driving to corrects like it was being blocked by something. Any one know where it's located ?

Sent from my iPhone using DodgeDart
Hi,do you know what is colors wiring outside temp sensor chrysler dart 2016?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had already taken it to dealer.. They replaced both the temp sensor and a sensor for the ASG which also wasn't working correctly. When the temp dipped and stuck at the low reading for some reason my ac would go out and only blow warm air. It didn't come back on until the temp returned to normal... Since it was replaced the ac hasn't gotten warm again...
What is the sensor for the asg called had my temperature sensor replaced but still going negative and ac stops working

1 - 15 of 15 Posts