Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Ok guys, I finally got around to replacing my struts so I decided to to a video on how to pull the strut assembly from the car. And I have to tell you, before you reply with any negative snide comments because I didn't do it the way you did it or the way you would have done it. Please remember there are many ways to skin a cat. This is simply a video showing how I released the base from the knuckle because so many people were having issues with it. It took me 1.5 hours from start to finish on both sides. The one thing I want to make sure everyone understands is the spring compressors were ONLY used to give me a little wiggle room to lift the strut. There was enough pressure that I could have pulled down the same amount with my hands. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES remove the strut top cover "bearing assembly" with the spring compressors mounted like this. If you would like to learn how to remove a spring from a strut there are many YouTube videos on that. This is solely one way to remove the entire strut assembly from the Dodge Dart. If you don't like my video please move along because it was prob not intended for you. Thanks Dart Fam.

·
Super Moderator
5,810 Posts
@Jmcook321 great post, I have since changed the YouTube syntax so your video can be view straight on the .org without redirection. Also, I have moved this to thread from the general discussion board to the suspension section as it will be much more useful there. Much obliged again for the post.

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Jmcook321 great post, I have since changed the YouTube syntax so your video can be view straight on the .org without redirection. Also, I have moved this to thread from the general discussion board to the suspension section as it will be much more useful there. Much obliged again for the post.
Oh my bad, thank you. Sometimes I forget about the sub categories. I'll try and get it right next time!

We the willing, led by the unknowing do the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are qualified to do anything with nothing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok guys, I finally got around to replacing my struts so I decided to to a video on how to pull the strut assembly from the car. And I have to tell you, before you reply with any negative snide comments because I didn't do it the way you did it or the way you would have done it. Please remember there are many ways to skin a cat. This is simply a video showing how I released the base from the knuckle because so many people were having issues with it. It took me 1.5 hours from start to finish on both sides. The one thing I want to make sure everyone understands is the spring compressors were ONLY used to give me a little wiggle room to lift the strut. There was enough pressure that I could have pulled down the same amount with my hands. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES remove the strut top cover "bearing assembly" with the spring compressors mounted like this. If you would like to learn how to remove a spring from a strut there are many YouTube videos on that. This is solely one way to remove the entire strut assembly from the Dodge Dart. If you don't like my video please move along because it was prob not intended for you. Thanks Dart Fam.

Why are you both wearing wedding rings while working on cars? The weakest material will give way (finger) if the ring gets caught on something. Number one no-no among true mechanics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts